Buy in or satellites

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to be selected through satellites.

E

EPTX12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the the satellites. Less risk and greater reward. I tend to play a little more relaxed knowing the discount I got being in the tournament. Of course, that's if you were succesful obtaining the ticket.

Gl out there 🤠

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to play satellites because I save my bankroll and I guarantee my entrance to a tournament I usually like to play satellites for tournaments from 11 $ 22 $ to 109 $ and 90% of the time I earn the tiqietes with only a few exchanges

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Satellites is a very good opportunity to participate in a tournament with a large pri

Satellites is a very good opportunity to participate in a tournament with a large prize pool, for a few dollars. For example, consider the famous tournament at pokerstars SundayMillion. There are several types of satellites for this tournament:
- Satellites with double shootout;
- Satellites in Hyper-Turbo format SNG;
- Tournaments with rebuy;
- Standard multi-table tournaments.
Choose any satellite that suits you and win a ticket to a tournament with a buy-in of $ 215, just for a few dollars or a few tens of dollars.
Personally, I prefer satellites, because I do not like to pay hundreds of dollars for a buy-in, it's much nicer to go to tournaments for a few dollars.

Anatoliy73

Anatoliy73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play without risking anything, and good luck ever will come.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I often play satelit. as there you have nothing to lose and no risk. but sometimes I buy a ticket.I believe that there should be patience. every day play sat and no risk.sometimes lucky sometimes.

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer buy-in 50ç or 1,10 to play MTT but some satelites are interesting such as sunday storm 225k satelite is 5 stars coins the buy in; or sometimes there are satelites of 33ç on PS that give us the chance to fight for big quantities of money.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nice part about sattys is the play is usually not as good and most people dont understand the unique icm dynamics.

S

seve13061984

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
satelites are good because of ROI, but depends a lot of bankroll. if u have a low bankroll dont play satelites for highstakes, play for small stakes tournaments and so on.

K

Klito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to play satellites when you have star coins
When you play a satellite for money i think that if you are a good player and think that most of the time you win a satellite it is better than buy in
For beginners is better to buy in

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer fast and risky satellites such as 2x shootout for example. But if it cannot be passed for two times, i will pay buy-in

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the buy in, satellites can be a crapshot sometimes.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your bankroll. For example, if you have $ 50, it's okay for you to play directly in tournaments of $ 1 or less, but if you're interested in entering a $ 5 tournament, I'd rather get into a $ 1 or $ 0.50 satellite.

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting to hear Doyle Brunson's comments on satellites .. here you go

Did you know that satellites ruined the cash games at the tournaments?

The players who previously came to town eager to risk their bankrolls against the top pros in side games suddenly discovered they could get their adrenaline rush by playing in these one-table shootouts, trying to win entries into the tournaments just by beating everyone at a single table. It was addictive for them. And it worked perfectly to increase the number of entrants in the tournaments. But it didn’t work well for those of us who had previously benefited when these inexperienced players bumped heads against us during those tournaments.

Satellites had arrived, and that kind of easy profit was gone. A few adventurous players still sought us out, wanting the challenge. But mostly, the opportunities for super-soft side games at tournaments were gone. Despite this, my poker bankroll continued to grow. It was almost all smooth sailing, almost all success. Everything went straight up.

It was a time when the Gamblers Invitational Golf Tournament, hosted by Jack Binion, brought all the gamblers together and boasted some of the biggest golf games in the history of the sport. Those who think that there’s big money of the PGA tour have no idea what goes on when a bunch of golf crazed gamblers get together. And it didn’t matter how well or how poorly you played the game, if you had a bankroll and a set of clubs, we’d figure out a way to make it a fair gamble.

- taken from Super Systems 2

Last edited:
S

smokeytje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when its not to high buy in i say/do buy in
high stakes tournaments i prefer satelite

C

CHRIS025

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
buy

playing buy in is way better if you got the needs

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just pay for the tournament through satellites play very rarely.

keokeokk

keokeokk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I usually buy in, I find it more affordable, I like it this way

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very often go to tournaments through satellites !!!

Poker Tells