The buy-in or the number of players?

A

Adam9044

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit of both but i mostly care about amount of players. Under a hundred is preferred and I stay far away from 700+ player tournamnets. When they start to drag on I get tilted and play horribly.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think both are very important because when more people join the more you get if you win , you shouldn't get tilted at all , these tournaments just require of bit of patience so you get the right cards to play !

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments with low buy in - are always a lot of players. The higher buy in - the less opponents. So the main thing is your pocket.
If you prefer to play in tournaments with no more players - choose a little-known poker room.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buy in and tournament structure is very important! When you pay big bay in u will not risks tournaments life with marginal hands.. Top pair is no longer enough to showdown :D;)

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me-not a lot of players, i dont see to it. My opponent is time and blinds. Only them.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me-not a lot of players, i dont see to it. My opponent is time and blinds. Only them.
I played SNG 25c 45 players

I did not look at the tournament structure, and the blinds increased every 15 minutes, which was too slow for me.

I did not pay attention to it, but the tournament structure is very important in addition to the number of players and buy-in tournaments :)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what a „quality“ tournament is....

With more players there is always a bigger chance of having some donks , noobs or gamblers at your table and you should expect a much looser game therefor...

The higher the buy-in the less inexperienced players will be around. If someone pays 100 dollars to play a MTT then you should expect that he knows what he is doing. So in high stakes games you will have a much tougher competition and must not fear to get called and lucked out by fish so often...

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like a kilo of field with 5k participants on me lkchshe 500 people with a good structure is not a turbo, where you can play poker and not push the fold!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that buy-in is important for a quality tournament. The more buy-ins, the less inexperienced players will play.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the buy-in is important doesn't really matter how may players are there. If i can afford the buy-in and not throw my bankroll management with only 1 tournament. The number of players doesn't really matter because i play my game if there is 100 or 10000 i play the same.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me most important is number of players..

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider (max) buy-in to be determined by the bankroll.
To reduce variance, a larger %itm and fewer players are preferred.
As a consequnce: the maximum winning is lower than with less places paid and more players.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I happened to play at last weekend tournament for $ 215 I won a ticket from freerolls! my playing limit is 1-10 $ and there I did not meet any limpers! I played well went almost in the money but the game was very strong and beautiful! buy-in is important, but it's necessary to play there much more! and this factor is also worth considering!

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think buy in is very importmant,in micro tournaments,there is tons of players but in high stakes not that much usually,i think thats because of the buy in

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the higher the buy-in - the better are the playersthe higher the number of players(for low buy in tournaments)- if there are up to 1000 players then you will find high and competitive late stage players, if there are more than 1000 players, then you will encounter more bad players as the total number goes up

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep the buy-in with in a comfort zone of my bankroll . So that I play a little loose ' Then as far tourn. size I don't worry about the number of entries , I look for the percentage of the field that make it in the money . I look for 10+% . I feel I can achieve that fairly often .

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep the buy-in with in a comfort zone of my bankroll . So that I play a little loose ' Then as far tourn. size I don't worry about the number of entries , I look for the percentage of the field that make it in the money . I look for 10+% . I feel I can achieve that fairly often .

What is your average 10% of 10 tournaments?