ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I have a question . Does anyone else have butterflies before a big tournament ???? Because I always have. Or maybe you are cold as ice let me know. Thank you for your comment’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have a question . Does anyone else have butterflies before a big tournament ???? Because I always have. Or maybe you are cold as ice let me know. Thank you for your comment’s.
I would not say I have butterflies before playing on any tournament for the most part but there are time, I do get excited. They are some of the special events i have gotten to play. I won a seat into a wsop event in 2012. It would be my 1st and what i though only time in my life i would get to play in something like that. Just before the start I got to meet professional poker player Jonathan Little and he gave me some advice. Don't worry about the money or cashing. It is not about winning or playing well. "Just enjoy the show" As I sat in my seat waiting for the start I looked at the next table and saw JJ lui. Next table over was Greg remer. Men the master was at a table behind me. A bit later on Eric Sidel came over to sit next to me before realizing he was at the next table with JJ. Just looking around and enjoying everything that was about to happen and just having fun was all it was about. Over the years I have gotten to play in the WSOP 3 time and played in 2 WPT events including a main event with Shaun Deeb. Exited to enjoy the show, yes i was.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never played a big tournament but I always have a stomach full of butterflies when beginning any competitive event. To an observer though I am cold as ice, nice friendly ice, but cold none the less. I really took the old deodorant commercial to heart, "Don't let them see you sweat." :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play in tournaments that my bankroll allows me to play in. So, I can tell you that my bankroll management takes care of my nerves, because of this I am always calm and actually never worry.

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hahaha yes!!! whenever i get premium hands i feel that strange happy feeling in my stomnach,,, -heme

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe in live tournaments, because I rarely play them, so, I get nervous because I don't know if I'm going to make everything right. On online poker only when I know I'm playing on stakes I shouldn't be playing or when I'm on the top 2-3 players of a tournament.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
At first I don't feel butterflies or nerves or anything like that, I think that in my case the nerves appear when I'm close to the bubble or in certain plays that are very risky, but not at first and that doesn't mean that I'm cold , but before starting the tournament I relax and try to, you know, be very positive and try to enjoy the moment otherwise I won't be able to have a good tournament

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Thank you 🙏 for your comment very inspirational.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Lol 😂
I've never played a big tournament but I always have a stomach full of butterflies when beginning any competitive event. To an observer though I am cold as ice, nice friendly ice, but cold none the less. I really took the old deodorant commercial to heart, "Don't let them see you sweat." :)
thank you 🙏 for your comment.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No not at the start. But as the game progresses, adrenaline rushes might start happening in any given situation.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not nervous before I play. But I definitely get nervous when I first sit down and play my first hands at any live tournament. It thinks it's actually just the adrenaline of being at a live game. I'm a relatively tight player and so that first hand I'm involved in (when I'm putting money into the pot with a hand I think can win) my heart rate goes up (or so my FitBit tells me).

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
At first I don't feel butterflies or nerves or anything like that, I think that in my case the nerves appear when I'm close to the bubble or in certain plays that are very risky, but not at first and that doesn't mean that I'm cold , but before starting the tournament I relax and try to, you know, be very positive and try to enjoy the moment otherwise I won't be able to have a good tournament
Thank you 🙏 for your comment. Ok ✅ if you say that you are not cold 🥶 I will believe you but you sound like you have no fear 😰.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! I'm always terrified! Excited and terrified! LOL

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My nerves are like steel ropes and I never worry about trifles. And for me, nothing is anything that does not involve a threat to my life and the lives of people close to me.

Mac Poker