Building a bankroll with DoN's

Tino11

Tino11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have built a few bankrolls on the backs of DoN games. The first ones I played were on Ladbrokes, there was nothing lower than a $5.50 game. The levels were 20 hands and all you had to do was play super tight until the blinds were high enough to merit stealing. Make a few steals, win one maybe two decent sized pots and fold into the money. The format has sadly changed these days.
I still play them now and then, but I cannot play them for any length of time these days. The strategy is about the same as when the games first became popular [ish].
I prefer the tight approach, but I do know some players who prefer to play loose and contest a lot of smaller pots.
Still a good way to build a roll though.

FryGuy14

FryGuy14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DoN's are great money makers if you are short on bankroll. I have played the micro DoN's and have made some pretty good money. Someone else said earlier that you may find more DONKs at the higher limits because DoN's are an easy way to double up. If you are a tight/aggressive player to start and can maybe double up within the first couple of rounds you should be good to cash on your DoNs. At least that is how I would get the most for my money in the beginning. After that, it's all about tightening up even more and getting in when the money is right.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management