najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey guys,

You're in a tournament for a few hours and almost in the money, bubble time is here. What now ?

From what I learned, getting aggressive and putting pressure on your opponents is the way to go !

As with anything else in life, "Saying" is a lot easier than "Doing" !

So how are you going to apply that advice ? What to consider in terms of stack sizes, position, type of opponents etc....?

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
If I'm deepstack, I'll be agressive and punish all the limpers. No one with 15bb or less want to risk hours of tournament.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Always being in the bubble implies thinking about several moves to follow, of course it is easier to be aggressive in the bubble when your stack is much higher than that of your table rivals, however, if you are medium or low, everything changes there Your decisions must be more conservative and analyze your rivals and their previous plays more calmly, in order to make a better game decision.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If I'm deepstack, I'll be agressive and punish all the limpers. No one with 15bb or less want to risk hours of tournament.
I can only agree with you there. The aggressive approach works perfectly when you are sitting with a nice huge stack, especially if you have everyone covered at the table. But what if you have a medium or a short stack ?
Thank you for sharing.

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I can only agree with you there. The aggressive approach works perfectly when you are sitting with a nice huge stack, especially if you have everyone covered at the table. But what if you have a medium or a short stack ?
I'm not a very good poker player, I'm still learning. But when I'm short or medium stack, I only play in position, I don't enter a game that has a lot of people in to see the flop, I try to play against just one player, two at most

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Your decisions must be more conservative and analyze your rivals and their previous plays more calmly, in order to make a better game decision.
Let's say you've been doing that, then a deep stack who's been raising almost every hand shoves and you find yourself holding AKs (He has you covered of course), what would you do and based on what other considerations ?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What if these limpers punish you instead :unsure:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a good size stack then I play very aggressive to steal the blinds. If I'm short stack, I play tight and only play with good starting hands.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys,

You're in a tournament for a few hours and almost in the money, bubble time is here. What now ?

From what I learned, getting aggressive and putting pressure on your opponents is the way to go !

So how are you going to apply that advice ? What to consider in terms of stack sizes, position, type of opponents etc....?
Getting to the bubble is even easy, but often enter the bubble, it can be difficult, risk is the decision, I've had a good hand and risked missing one to fall, this someone, it was Me, only you pafa make the decision of what to do

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Getting to the bubble is even easy, but often enter the bubble, it can be difficult, risk is the decision, I've had a good hand and risked missing one to fall, this someone, it was Me, only you pafa make the decision of what to do
Hi Hilary,
I have to admit that you had me confused there, especially with "pafa" 😂. Can you please explain to me what that means ?

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If I'm short stack, I play tight and only play with good starting hands.

So with good starting hands, do you shove even if there are a couple of players behind you with bigger stacks or do you fold hoping that someone gets knocked out ?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hey guys,

In my opinion, this is not the best advice. At least I personally did not recommend that you use such advice. Better to continue to be patient is the safer way to go :)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
During the bubble time i usually don't do any agressive moves if my stack is not the biggest on the table.
If i have a short stack i just wait for good hand and push if i have good cards.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In my opinion, this is not the best advice. At least I personally did not recommend that you use such advice. Better to continue to be patient is the safer way to go :)
Hey Lena,
Unfortunately for us, you don't say anything about the stack size you would sit there and be patient with. Could you please be a little more specific.
Like, what would your strategy be when :
1- you're short stacked.
2- you have a medium stack.
3- you are the chip leader at. the table.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello everyone.
During the bubble time i usually don't do any agressive moves if my stack is not the biggest on the table.
If i have a short stack i just wait for good hand and push if i have good cards.
That makes a lot of sense to me.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
It all depends on your goal. If it’s your goal to cash the event then fold fold fold lol. But if you have a good chip stack then go after those short stacks. Even the medium stacks don’t want to mess around to much at the bubble because the last thing they want is to suddenly become a short stack. Bubble time is a fun part of the tournament!

iman_wd

iman_wd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
To be aggressive on the bubble, attack short stacks, steal blinds, use position, and be selective in your hands. Remember to use this strategy judiciously, as it can be high-risk but high-reward.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey guys,

in the bubble you need play more hands people overfold this situation

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To be aggressive on the bubble, attack short stacks, steal blinds, use position, and be selective in your hands. Remember to use this strategy judiciously, as it can be high-risk but high-reward.
Stay calm, no need to rush too... Mostly of times you can select your cards very well!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When it comes to the bubble of a tournament, the key is to be aware of the dynamics at the table and adjust your strategy accordingly. Here are a few things to consider:

1. Stack Sizes: The size of your stack relative to the blinds and antes can dictate how aggressive or conservative you should be. If you have a big stack, you can afford to be more aggressive and put pressure on your opponents. If you have a short stack, you may need to wait for a strong hand and hope to double up.
  2. Position: Your position at the table can also impact your strategy. If you're in early position, you may want to be more cautious and only play strong hands. If you're in late position, you can take advantage of your position and try to steal pots from your opponents.
  3. Type of Opponents: It's important to pay attention to the type of opponents you're playing against. If they're tight and conservative, you may be able to steal pots more easily. If they're loose and aggressive, you may need to be more careful and wait for a strong hand.
  4. Bubble Payouts: It's also important to be aware of the payouts for making the money. If there's a big jump in payouts between, say, 100th and 99th place, you may need to adjust your strategy accordingly and be more cautious.
Overall, the key is to be aware of the dynamics at the table and adjust your strategy accordingly. Don't be afraid to take calculated risks, but also be mindful of the potential consequences.
Thank you very much shievelbein, your points are absolutely relevant and will certainly be very useful to a lot of us.
Where is Sapiranga ? If you don't mind of course.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this tactic, being aggressive and pushing opponents has the right to be if you have a stack more than others, and you need to look at what position you are, I think from an early position with a stack of 12bb and a hand of 2 8 of different suits, pushing the whole table would be a bad idea

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think from an early position with a stack of 12bb and a hand of 2 8 of different suits, pushing the whole table would be a bad idea
😂🤣😅😂 You should try it if you want to get knocked out though lol.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am largest stack on the table, I will play wide ranges and apply pressure on other stacks.

Will play tight ranges if I am short stack

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you're the chip leader at the table, of course, crush them like ants as they will discard even strong hands to win prizes, but if you have an average stack, avoid the leader chip and play aggressively, well, if you're short, discard the cards of course