On the bubble, do you start playing boldly or gently?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Greetings!
Wanted to know what tactics you most often prefer on the bubble?
Do you start playing carefully to get into the prizes or, on the contrary, boldly, using every opportunity to earn chips?

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on whether there is only 1 person to fall and you have few chips so you have to run, now if you are well in chips you have to put pressure on is where you can get a good amount of chips from the opponent.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Greetings!
Do you start playing carefully to get into the prizes or, on the contrary, boldly, using every opportunity to earn chips?
For those who play only freerolls like me, getting to the bubble is my goal, because since I didn't invest anything, any amount I win is fine for me, of course, if possible I'll want to advance and who knows how to be among the first.
But I know that I will be very pressured on the bubble if I have few chips, so at that moment I have to stay quiet and wait for a strong hand or wait for the bubble to burst, now if I get to the bubble with a lot of chips and I am the chip leader From the table, I'm going to pressure the shortest in chips, but I'm going to do this pressure intelligently, not taking too many risks.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are only two options on bubble and it's to play or wait. In terms of value, getting into ITM is more important than climbing a couple of positions in the grid, the final table is usually still far away and an aggressive game on the dough will have little effect on the overall result.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on your stack. with less that 10 bb you should be very careful and try to only shove with very strong hands like ak or a pair of tens or better. if you are the chip leader in your table you should take advantage of that and play more loose because most of the players in your table are not going to risk their entire stack near the bubble even with good hands.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it depends on your stack a lot but generally many players play very tight and are easy to steal from near the bubble, also depends if you just want to cash or go deep(y)...

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have pointed out it depends on my stack sieze, small, medium, big, as it depends on stack sieze of the opponents.
So if I am able to bully a low stack who is behind me I will do that with a sensible hand, as I do not want to lose my bullying options.
I will be aware of those who take advantage of the bubble, and raise too loosly, so they have a high chance to fold to a reraise.
I will be aware of the ICM that goes into play, and not take any unprovoked risks, where I can end as bubblevictim.

Avoid 47/53% flips unless I have many more chips than my opponnet.

I will be aware of the positions and if any aggressive player is behind me to act.

After all you usually get your money back if you get through the buble, but you also want enough chips so you can play after the buble, where ICM still is part of the laddering game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends from the situation. Generally I prefer to play more carefully, but if my stack allows it I play more aggressively, without overreactions.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play carefully. My goal is to cash in. It will be a big disappointment to get out of the game.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings!
I guess it depends a lot on your stack size, the way the opponents are playing and your overall performance so far, however on the bubble I tend not to take unnecessary chances and rarely if ever call an all in...