Bounty tournament players

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see that some bounty tournament players are very loose and go all-in with speculative hands and often with junk hands just behind their opponents' bounty.

I think knocking out players is a consequence of the game just like being knocked out, so risking being knocked out with a speculative hand I don't think is a good option to survive in this type of tournament.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I see that some bounty tournament players are very loose and go all-in with speculative hands and often with junk hands just behind their opponents' bounty.
This is normal because bounty tournaments are played more aggressively than regular tournaments. For example, if a short stack goes all-in, a lot of players will check him with a wide range to get his bounty.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Players that goes all-in with random hands are in every kind of tournaments, i personaly call them bingo players or idiots. And yes, that is not a good option to survive in any kind of tournament I agree, but not only in bounty mode.

Regarding the bounty tournaments this is exactly why they're my favorites, precisely because of the fact that many players are seduced by rewards and risk a lot of their stacks in the desire to make profits by knocking out the others, wich is not a bad idea, but that desire can seduce you directly out of the tournament. But if you are calm and follow the rules of the game, YOU can take advantage of their risky way of playing when you have the necessary chance. Of course, in some lucky hands they may be winning, but not for a long term.

All the best!

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hate bounty tourneys because of players like that

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its good strategy to play more hands and bigger pots, when you can win someones bounty. Of course it can be taken to far, which some people certainly do. But if you have a nitty mindset and think, people should only go all in preflop with premiums, then bounty tournaments are definitely not for you. You will be playing to tight yourself, and you will get annoyed about the way, other people play.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the whole point of bounty MTTs and you can take that into consideration to play against players opening wide.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When the blinds rise and your opponent's stacks rise also, then you can understant that you must find winning hands with more cards even speculative or less popular to play.