Bounty Builder Tournaments - What's Your Strategy?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This tournament structure makes many players prefer to play with the intention of winning the bounty and so they end up making crazy decisions to win the bounty. My way of playing this kind of tournament has changed from time to time. Now I do not focus on the bounty but rather on the tournament awards and I keep my strategy as if I were playing a normal MTT, knowing that at some point or another I will be eliminating some players. What is your strategy in this tournament structure?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just play normal going after the bounties leaves you vulnerable

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play normal, if I eliminate players welcome the bounties.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An ordinary game, but it makes sense to pay attention to players with a short stack. If the position allows, it will be + EV to call with not the best card. Sometimes a “coin” falls in favor of weak cards, and this pays off with extra money for “bounties”.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go for the Bounties! Chase that Booty!

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An ordinary game, but it makes sense to pay attention to players with a short stack. If the position allows, it will be + EV to call with not the best card. Sometimes a “coin” falls in favor of weak cards, and this pays off with extra money for “bounties”.
Exact. I only loose against very short opponents. Otherwise, I continue my strategy.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won those days a progressive k.o on PS $ 20. How did I win? haved at the right hand at the right time. otherwise fold. otherwise the other player grows on top of u

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty goals

Playing bounty tournaments is very exciting. It is interesting to note that possible elimination disrupts players' play and survival is more important than elimination, since eliminating a player in the final stages the prize is more generous.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch Bencb's raise your edge on youtube, there's some formula for calculating the bounty and I think it heavily factors in run good but will put you right up there and AllinPav on twitch speaks about something like this he learnt.
Personally I would factor the bounty in even against a tight player if it's good enough. Checkout the Raise your edge channel on YT, I think he might be making up some stuff though to skew his image and drive players to purchase a course.. which is probably worth it.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

• sometimes I play these tournaments,they are somewhat similar to the freerolls where people make a lot of mistakes,like you said, need to stick to the structure of the MTT!Good luck

D

daveshoelace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a rule, play it like a normal MTT when your opponent covers you, play like a maniac when you cover your opponent for the bounty

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt

Anytime I change my play style because of other players I consider this the definition of tilt. If you have learned a style of play and it works keep with it. sounds like you are. Good luck out there

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players in the Bounty Builders take more aggressive lines against each other and may even go all-in with draws, for the sake of knocking the other guy out and winning bounty chips. You will still find plenty of GTO-nits, but there are just as many (if not more) laggers who shoot fearlessly with almost any two cards.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I follow one of my rules))) I put everything only against a smaller stack

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also love tournaments with knockouts. My strategy is to always wait for strong cards and use the position at the table.

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also love tournaments with knockouts. My strategy is to always wait for strong cards and use the position at the table.

I have same strategy and i like to all in when who have low pot and say all in :) coz ppl like cash money so when i have good hand and going for all in and they are coming for try to take cash :)

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play normally as I do in Hot tournaments I try to collect chips and pressure the weakest to make a bounty but I do not fall in all in with any hand I try that if I go all in be strong hands that is before the preflop

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play as in an ordinary tournament, I do not try to beat someone, everything goes on as usual, but the truth and a good result I have not yet achieved

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion this game has to be played like other normal ones. forget about K.o and focus on the bubble and you better K.o at the end of the qie at the beginning of the tournament!

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This tournament structure makes many players prefer to play with the intention of winning the bounty and so they end up making crazy decisions to win the bounty. My way of playing this kind of tournament has changed from time to time. Now I do not focus on the bounty but rather on the tournament awards and I keep my strategy as if I were playing a normal MTT, knowing that at some point or another I will be eliminating some players. What is your strategy in this tournament structure?

I really like these tournaments.
My goal is to always have more chips than others to get out a lot. In general I earn more in bouny than in ITM.:)