Bounty Builder ou Freezout ?

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those who have been playing poker for two years, do you think tournaments with bounties or Freezouts are better?

Because in my point of view the players pay with weak cards because of the bounties or do you think that this type of player pays even though they are not worth bounties?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play a bounty trny just like a freezeout or re-entry/re-buy. I don't get confused thinking that there's a big difference between the formats. The bounty I get when I knock out a player is just a brighter bing on the cherry. Nothing has changed. I mean don't get me wrong, if there's a player w/a low-stack then it's quite obvious that there's going to be other players "pining" for the bounty. Just remember that the only way to get a bounty is to see the river so bluffing hands are not going to be in play, here; at least that's my take. GL and watch your back. :bandit:

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you definitely need to be all-in wider when the bounties are in play but you do see people hunting them too lightly pretty often, which is a good thing because that means there is money to be made

M

mikeajax15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both formats.

The freezouts are a lot of tighter and more about surviving and chipping up.

Bounty tournament are wild and really loose. Valuebet wider dont be surprised if your hand get paid in big multiway spots.

A lot of you ev come from playing a big stack en collecting bounties. Because of the bounties shoving and calling ranges are somewhat different than in a freezeout.

V

volkzord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im like to play both, but all my big wins are made in freezouts tournaments. I think the variancy its a lot wider in knockouts.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its really a personal choice. I prefer freeze outs over bounty building where there are re buys.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally like playing freezeout tourneys more than bounties. I try not to get too wrapped up in the bounty when I do play that style of game. I find if you play good solid poker the bounties will come to you. My belief is not to chase the bounty, instead just play good foundational poker.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The positive difference between bounty tournaments is the ability to return the buy-in, even if it was not possible to reach the payout zone. Many players like this. And I love it. Unfortunately, I still do not fully understand the difference between the correct game in the bounty and in the freeze-out

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your level of play in general. If you play well and feel confident postflop, then you should add turbo tournaments to increase the number of tournaments. Otherwise, knockout and freezeout tournaments remain preferable. Of course, in the pursuit of knockouts, weak players play weak cards, this trend is lower in freezeout tournaments, but there are enough weak players here. The more expensive the tournaments, the fewer weak players.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer freezouts because there are a lot of bingoers in bounty tournaments, and for that reason I don't play them.