Boredom while playing tournaments?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think you should be bored, either open more games, or try harder on the game you are playing ie take better notes, develop player specific strategies, save hands for future study, etc.

A

Alisson_Luiz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I listen to music to help pass the time and focus on the tournament.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes playing many tournaments is very difficult only for very skilled players however in my opinion playing only one is also very boring needs a lot of patience not to play wrong a hand with requests. I was able to play a maximum of two screens.
:rolleyes:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get bored playing poker because I open a lot of tables.If you're bored, why don't you put on a movie and enjoy two things at the same time))

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always watch movies on the other half of the monitor.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
What do you do while playing poker? I tried to play a lot of tournaments at once, but it's still too hard for me, but playing only one is quite boring...

Getting bored playing could mean one of two things : whether you don't like/love the game enough or you are not paying enough attention to what's going on when you are not in the hand.

IFDCTHMH

IFDCTHMH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, before I start playing, I look at my mistakes, I learn new information and try to show it in the game. If I have time to keep track of the game, I open another table. Then i'm not bored. I also like to include light music in the background.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 2 or 3 tourneys and I try to pay attention to the action and some stats and that's enough to keep me enthralled. :)

1glmx2vs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 2 or 3 tourneys and I try to pay attention to the action and some stats and that's enough to keep me enthralled. :)

Sounds like too much to me, I would say don't play more than 2 tournaments per whole day

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Just add more tables, no boredom when playing 10 tourneys

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when very early in a MTT i like to listen to music or watch videos or a football game while playing it helps...

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing one table is really boring. Add more tables. You can play either to the music or to the poker stream. I always do that.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually playing one or two and listening music or watch some videos. If you overthink, we are sitting in front of a monitor, which can definitely bored to the body and the brain too.

I can suggest that before you jump in to playing and making a long poker session, fill up yourself with some positive energy and sit in front of the computer in a great mood, cause you will handle actions better. Also always pay attention to have water/refresher drink next to you. And enough light in the room.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do while playing poker? I tried to play a lot of tournaments at once, but it's still too hard for me, but playing only one is quite boring...

listening to music / radio, watching youtube / tv,I also do these by playing at multiple tables

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During the game, I watch TV shows in the background.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After 3 hours, it gets tough. I tend to watch TV so I have some background noise to help me focus.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand you, because I like to do a lot of things at the same time, so, when I play only one tournament at time and if the players take a lot of time to respond it gets boring. That's the reason why I always play at least 2 tables at the same time.
Man, Ik exactly what you mean, tilted a tournament I could've probably cashed, freeroll, last night just cause I got moved to this guy who kept running down the clock EVERY HAND & my laptop crashes if I play something on the side, but I read one comment which advised to read, that's my go to from here on out!:angel:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boredom in a tournament is a lack of incentive to play. I've never been bored. Since some people do such things that I do not have to get bored.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Playing many tournaments , reading some articles or threads , watching some YT videos or NetFlix , something like that . If I am deep in a tourney , boredom goes away , and it's time for excitement .

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boredom is a state of mind.. unrelated to environment imo.. playing one or many tables can be equally engaging and or boring depending on you

R

RJohnson1188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't say that I get bored while playing but I can definitely say that getting bad streaks of cards is like hell.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I usually hear some music or a podcast. But I do not get bored easily, even if I only play one tournament.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only 1 tournament at the time and am totally focused on it , so no boredom . Or else I wouldn't play it in the first place . But when I do , I try my best to win it ! Still haven't win one in those 2-3 weeks of playing online poker , but I'm assured I will ;)