board with low cards

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally, when the aggressor of the hand sees this type of board, his action is to check, as these low cards are much more in the villain's range, if it is the big blind for example, then acting more passively on this type of board can avoid asking for a lot of chips. .

I will cite an example:

you are in UTG and open raise with AQo

the big blind villain calls your bet.

on the flop opens 274

you didn't hit anything on the flop and it doesn't represent even one of the board cards in your hand range, so the most natural action is to check, as villain had the odds to call the raise and see the cheap flop with several hands that probably fits with the board.

so that would be my action as a player and just as poker theory says.

I am available to see other opinions.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
and if your UTG opponent doesn't have AQ, like JJ, and he puts in your hand range with 274 and you call or throw your hand out, you just need to know what range of hands you're playing against and not pay much when you're weaker and get when you're stronger and you'll always win tournaments

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would still place a contbet in this situation. It's not certain that the opponent made the flop and there's a chance we'll draw our card, but then a small card won't pay us.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
....I'm not sure what "poker theory" says that but I don't like it,.. unless it's against me then please feel free to check all the way😎👍

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally, when the aggressor of the hand sees this type of board, his action is to check, as these low cards are much more in the villain's range, if it is the big blind for example, then acting more passively on this type of board can avoid asking for a lot of chips. .

I will cite an example:

you are in UTG and open raise with AQo

the big blind villain calls your bet.

on the flop opens 274

you didn't hit anything on the flop and it doesn't represent even one of the board cards in your hand range, so the most natural action is to check, as villain had the odds to call the raise and see the cheap flop with several hands that probably fits with the board.

so that would be my action as a player and just as poker theory says.

I am available to see other opinions.
Theory says we are both betting and checking on this board with this hand. If you look at BB wide range while they do hit this board they also miss it as often as hit it and we hold 77+ here so we would be betting to maintain control of the hand

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A large number of players will continue to act aggressively on the low flop, I am sure of it. The big blind doesn't just need to hit the flop, but also to protect itself. The odds are about the same. Any high card in the following late streets will scare the player in the big blind. I prefer not to create a big pot on a low flop.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A large number of players will continue to act aggressively on the low flop, I am sure of it. The big blind doesn't just need to hit the flop, but also to protect itself. The odds are about the same. Any high card in the following late streets will scare the player in the big blind. I prefer not to create a big pot on a low flop.
That is why we bet a small bet on flop then larger turn bet we do not build a large pot we get folds from hands that have equity vs us but cannot call a bet and then with the pot 50% larger on turn ---our 25% bet and the BB 25% call we can then put more pressure on the BB's stack with 66% pot size bets instead of having to use pot size bets to deny equity or get value.:unsure::geek: