The blind player - limper

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the blind payer - limper when the opposing player only pays the big blind is a boring situation, but some beginner poker players use this as a strategy sometimes calling the big blind with strong hands such as AA, KK, QQ and JJ.

Reading the hand of this type of player is much more difficult considering when you have AK or AQ hands you will normally raise this type of player and he will 3-bet all-in.

This type of play is obviously a wrong move, when I see an opposing player going all in with more than 50 BB I already know he is a beginner in poker.

These situations are more common in freerolls and in low buy-ins, we have to be careful with this type of play at the beginning of a tournament.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree, I even committed this madness, I acted with haste and ended up losing, sometimes a childish mistake helps to correct future big mistakes

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned a very good way of countering those kind of players. They will limp with basically anything, and will pay your raise with the stronger ones, and raise u only with the top of their range.
And what u can do to counter this, is attacking his limps with a polarized range, so u just check with all that JT+ off suited, all ur weak suited hands, and raise with the top of ur hands (JT+ suited) and the weak off suited hands (yeah, I wanna see u raise those 23o and print money by all the fold u'll get).

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we are talking only about freerolls, then such a game is considered normal.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that every strategy is valid, as long as it is made within a context that ends your hand profitably. If the player limps expecting to be reraised so that he can form a big pot in the future, it is a valid move. encounter a lot of opponents on the flop and maybe be forced to fold your hand. In any case, you need to have a mix of plays to not always be predictable.:D:)

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

The good thing about playing blind is that you don't show any fear, you play it and if it comes out it comes out but well it depends on your luck regards :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A limper in poker is a player who entered preflop trading without raising,announcing a minimum bet equal to the big blind.Experienced players recommend not using limp preflop poker,since passive trading often leads the player to difficult situations postflop.Most often, a limper in poker is a beginner who has not yet mastered the poker strategy.