My Biggest Tournament

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah went out there, pushed with crap pocket 3s in late position lost my cool a bit, wasn't getting any good cards. went up against q a and was winning until the river hit a queen, was a good learning experience though! thanks for all the help and good wishes :)

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for some decent hands, don't treat them like regular players..

Understand what you're representing, use your image, and know they are very capable of any move at any time.

GL with the rest of your run!

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear that, getting in a flip wasn't the worst thing you could do in these tournaments, nice job.

P

ph0n3_j4ck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darn, sorry to hear that you couldn't make a deep run in this tournament :[. Better luck on next tournies!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ah went out there, pushed with crap pocket 3s in late position lost my cool a bit, wasn't getting any good cards. went up against q a and was winning until the river hit a queen, was a good learning experience though! thanks for all the help and good wishes :)
That was a totally standard shove spot there with 33. Nothing wrong with that at all!!!! Getting it in first in LP w 33 on ~12bb's & getting called by player in blinds who happened to hold AQ & get there on the river. (folding there would've been real bad)
gg (was fun railin' ya for a bit there)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you were at the bubble for the seats, I'd say it was close to a no-brainer to shove your 12BB with 33 when it was folded around to you in LP. Of course, when you get called, it'll be pretty wide, so you'll be slightly ahead on a flip or well behind to a higher pair. But when your stack is getting low, you can't wait long. Quite often, this means sticking it in and hoping it is a flip.

Too bad about not winning a seat. It seems like you may have learned a valuable lesson for the future though. The first time I played in the final satellite level for seats to a tournament package above $5k (coincidentally, it was also the Irish Open), I couldn't help but wonder if I'd be completely outclassed. Now, I know - as I assume you do - that even though the fields at this level are tougher than you're used to, you're not in completely over your head.

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

XXXDIRTYDOGXXX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GG and take it as a lesson about higher buyings. They play a bit tougher but just stick to position and bet, bet,bet.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Too bad about not winning a seat. It seems like you may have learned a valuable lesson for the future though. The first time I played in the final satellite level for seats to a tournament package above $5k (coincidentally, it was also the Irish Open), I couldn't help but wonder if I'd be completely outclassed. Now, I know - as I assume you do - that even though the fields at this level are tougher than you're used to, you're not in completely over your head.
Pretty sure it wasn't a satty to the IrishOpen...
He was playing the $109 - $40Kguar. on iPoker (he'd won a seat to play it)