Big tournaments

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:I don't know why I never go far in big tournaments ... playing right most of the time I always find myself in a situation of advantage against 3 or 6 outs sorry I never hold ... more sort

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you just have bad beats. Keep your morale high, keep improving and things will start going your way. Be confident and you will succeed.
And since you say you never hold, if the flop is good for you, maybe that confidence is to blame and you play too passive. Turn the aggression up a notch when you have a good flop. Good luck out there!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely it's just the sample size.

In a field of 5000 players for example, you need to be incredibly lucky (even if you're the best player) to win. Even just making the final 50 is a 1-in-100 longshot for the average player requiring a ton of run-good.

Study, keep on playing, and the deep runs will come :)

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you just have bad beats. Keep your morale high, keep improving and things will start going your way. Be confident and you will succeed.
And since you say you never hold, if the flop is good for you, maybe that confidence is to blame and you play too passive. Turn the aggression up a notch when you have a good flop. Good luck out there!
:mad:
Friend, I'm a player, I've been studying and playing for a long time ... I'm not a professional because of bad QQ and the card to go all pre flop may have AA KK or Ak I go all I don't want to know I'm aggressive .... :)

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In a field of 5000 players for example, you need to be incredibly lucky (even if you're the best player) to win. Even just making the final 50 is a 1-in-100 longshot for the average player requiring a ton of run-good.

There comes a time when you don't learn anything anymore ... cards are not like a board that you foresee a future move ... that 20% of the luck factor ends up with 1% of players who really know how to play and dedicated themselves years when I say years i'm talking about 6 years playing everyday

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:I don't know why I never go far in big tournaments ... playing right most of the time I always find myself in a situation of advantage against 3 or 6 outs sorry I never hold ... more sort

I know what you mean, long years ago I had plenty FT on 2k+ reg tourneys, nowadays, it looks different, even I don't think, I play much differently, but I recognized there are certain players, whose count on the RNG, more than on poker, so they make incredible preflop allin calls. Also there are more players whose ready for rebuy 1,2 times, and they take more risk in the first few hours, just built a higher stack - that works anyway for me, too. As if I am the chipleader on my table later on, I can afford to lose few allins with preflop 80-20% for me. (What anyway happens on all tourneys, I remember maybe 3-4 when I could reach top 3, and didn't lose 80-20 at least once.)

Partly, because of these things, I prefer to play the smaller fields 400-1K regs, less 'variance' and the prizes on FT still enough big for me.

And do not mention the 3-6 outs, for a long while now, it seems to me, they are coming more often on river than they should. I had for few months long the 1-3 out 'series' beating me, mostly on river in the last year. Nowadays, since a month+ the 3-6 outs and the backdoor flush, straight are the popular. 80+% I relegate like that, pretty annoying, but what can i do? nothing.... I made a good call, or could pull in the opponent with much worse hands, preflop or flop and the turn, more likely the river beats me, it is simply out of control. Annoying especially, if it is ongoing for months, these situation 80-20 for me based on math, but it looks like 50-50 or 40-60.... and it never will be 95-5 to me, at least i've never seen that....

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament poker is the most romantic poker discipline. The poker strategy of a tournament game is fundamentally different from a cash game. The main difference from cash is that in a tournament you constantly have to "survive" due to increasing blinds. Unfortunately, there are no tactics in tournament play that are guaranteed to bring you profit.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In such tournaments, your patience plays a very important role. If you can be patient enough, you will have a real chance to get to the final table.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments with a large number of players, even patience will not help you, luck is the main engine of tournaments and their number

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

It's best to acquire a sizeable stack so that you're able to endure those types of hits and keep on fighting.

webzy

webzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha! I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes it feels like the software is against you. For example, you could be having an A-high full house, only to be outrun by a river quad... Too frustrating at times. When you're obviously leading the hand from pre-flop until the turn, and then some fish with 72o gets their payout because of pure luck.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you mean, long years ago I had plenty FT on 2k+ reg tourneys, nowadays, it looks different, even I don't think, I play much differently, but I recognized there are certain players, whose count on the RNG, more than on poker, so they make incredible preflop allin calls. Also there are more players whose ready for rebuy 1,2 times, and they take more risk in the first few hours, just built a higher stack - that works anyway for me, too. As if I am the chipleader on my table later on, I can afford to lose few allins with preflop 80-20% for me. (What anyway happens on all tourneys, I remember maybe 3-4 when I could reach top 3, and didn't lose 80-20 at least once.)

Partly, because of these things, I prefer to play the smaller fields 400-1K regs, less 'variance' and the prizes on FT still enough big for me.

And do not mention the 3-6 outs, for a long while now, it seems to me, they are coming more often on river than they should. I had for few months long the 1-3 out 'series' beating me, mostly on river in the last year. Nowadays, since a month+ the 3-6 outs and the backdoor flush, straight are the popular. 80+% I relegate like that, pretty annoying, but what can i do? nothing.... I made a good call, or could pull in the opponent with much worse hands, preflop or flop and the turn, more likely the river beats me, it is simply out of control. Annoying especially, if it is ongoing for months, these situation 80-20 for me based on math, but it looks like 50-50 or 40-60.... and it never will be 95-5 to me, at least i've never seen that....

I liked the analysis, poker doesn't always help anyone who needs to win a $ 50 tournament! I'm trying to get out of the low tournaments but the variance wants me to just wait AA then we don't have to go with QQ either :joyman:

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience, the results come if you play well.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments with a large number of players, even patience will not help you, luck is the main engine of tournaments and their number

No doubt ... good cards plus actions are crucial to spiking any tournament

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
Distance, my friend, distance will return everything if you learn and play correctly!

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament poker is the most romantic poker discipline. The poker strategy of a tournament game is fundamentally different from a cash game. The main difference from cash is that in a tournament you constantly have to "survive" due to increasing blinds. Unfortunately, there are no tactics in tournament play that are guaranteed to bring you profit.

Sorry to disagree more yes brother I can even tell you some

patience, the results come if you play well.

Must be 75% OR MORE

In a game of chess many pieces have to be sacrificed in the case of poker are the times you will lose

Last edited by a moderator: