luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I have noticed that many big tournaments start late in the evening and go through the night (for Europeans) even if it happens on Saturday or Sunday, I think it would be better to play normally during the day .Thanks for your thoughts!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Both Europe and America are big poker markets.

It's a tough task to find suitable tournament start times for time zones 6-9 hours apart.

At least it's still feasible for Europeans to play a tournament and sacrifice/delay a few hours of sleep instead of starting in the middle of the night, as some Asian players would need to do.

@YLAN, @marvinsytan, @Gallarado777: what times do the tournaments usually start for you? 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker sites schedule big tournaments at the time, where most people play. So its basically a majority vote. And those of us, who disagree, can either adjust or (my choise) play smaller tournaments :)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would be better to play normally during the day .Thanks for your thoughts!
Yes, playing normally during the day is best.

what times do the tournaments usually start for you? 🤔
I'm in PHI (Asia) which is 13 hrs ahead of EST & the pokerstars big tournaments start late in the evening or very early in the morning. Tho am not really inclined playing the very long tournaments & could always find nice tournaments in Pokerstars during the day or just play an hour or so of cash games.

Likewise for CC daily tournaments, they start very early for me @2AM, 3AM, 5AM, 7:30AM, etc. Its best suited for the US & Europe. When DST starts it gets even earlier by an hour. Tho I like playing 'em whenever I could wake up early bec of small field which doesn't take a long time & like the "high level" of play with our sharks unlike the low stake tourneys that feels like "low level" play. Pls don't poke when I doze at the tables! :ROFLMAO:

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i'm in Europe and prefer the 8pm 7pm tournaments mainly because I'm working during the day, do a little stuff after work and then have time in the evening to play

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in PHI (Asia) which is 13 hrs ahead of EST & the Pokerstars big tournaments start late in the evening or very early in the morning. Tho am not really inclined playing the very long tournaments & could always find nice tournaments in Pokerstars during the day or just play an hour or so of cash games.
I actually think, it would suit me very well to play from PHI time zone. Sure the major tournaments like Sunday Million or Sunday Storm begins at 1-3 am, which is smack in the middle of the night. But I like to start playing at 5-6 am, and there is significant more action and softer games at 5-6 am PHI time zone rather than 5-6 am CET. You can basically still catch all the "cool down" or whatever the late events are called, and many opponents will be tired, because they did not sleep. Sometimes even drunk as well especially on a saturday or sunday morning :)

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I like to start playing at 5-6 am, and there is significant more action and softer games
It probably could be but its also the time when the house wakes up so prepares breakfast & later drives kid to school. After the chores, its time to play!

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This tournament is for professionals, they dedicate their entire time Some recreational people are also there most of the time on the weekends so if you have another career you can venture here on some of your days off

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would prefer a start sometime in the afternoon, around 2, i cant play the later tourneys.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both Europe and America are big poker markets.

It's a tough task to find suitable tournament start times for time zones 6-9 hours apart.

At least it's still feasible for Europeans to play a tournament and sacrifice/delay a few hours of sleep instead of starting in the middle of the night, as some Asian players would need to do.

@YLAN, @marvinsytan, @Gallarado777: what times do the tournaments usually start for you? 🤔
I think it definitely favours the American time zone starting these big late tournaments maybe 5 hours earlier which would be odd to base on their time zone as they cannot play most clients! It's good to see sites like Stars have had the sense to split the Sunday Million into two days. I think day 1 finishes 2-3am my time (UK). Before they did this though it would finish sometimes when I was at work.

Not sure if there schedules are more designed for pro's who alter their day around the tournaments but there must be a lot of causal players that cannot do them. Nothing can be done during the week for workers but having these 6pm games starting 2 hours earlier would make a big difference. Of course there are a lot of countries and zones so a difficult one.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm in Europe and prefer the 8pm 7pm tournaments mainly because I'm working during the day, do a little stuff after work and then have time in the evening to play
How late are these finishing for you? When I was doing this after work I found I would go on to 2-3am. It was killing me to go to work so try and concentrate on the weekend more. Sometimes find if I start paid games I risk entering a longer one. Generally only do bigger mtt's.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it definitely favours the American time zone starting these big late tournaments maybe 5 hours earlier which would be odd to base on their time zone as they cannot play most clients!
One might have assumed, that the exit of US-based players from the international PokerStars site would have pushed peak hours forward. But that does not really seem to be the case. Maybe because a lot of brasilans are now playing instead, and maybe also because many europeans prefer to play after dinner even in the weekends.
It's good to see sites like Stars have had the sense to split the Sunday Million into two days. I think day 1 finishes 2-3am my time (UK). Before they did this though it would finish sometimes when I was at work.
Which is still 3-4 am CET and still way to late, if you are working monday. But of course its only an issue, if you run deep, and maybe some people just call in sick or take a day off, if that happens. American players have a similar problem, if they make it to day 2, since that begins during their working hours. So they also have to call in sick or go home early. In reality these big MTTs are best for people, who dont work, or for playing during your vacation.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Maybe because a lot of brasilans are now playing instead
This must be a big factor. A LOT of not only Brazilians but also players from the rest of South America/Latin America are starting to play poker online.

Maybe the last "mini-boom" with players that at least have some money to play recreational at the lowest levels. (A big part of Africa and Asia is probably too poor sadly to have time to jump on before online is dead even under 10NL and cheap MTTs).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This must be a big factor. A LOT of not only Brazilians but also players from the rest of South America/Latin America are starting to play poker online.
True we are also seeing a significant number of players from other countries in South America/Latin America on Stars. And from canada but they were supposedly there all the time.
Maybe the last "mini-boom" with players that at least have some money to play recreational at the lowest levels. (A big part of Africa and Asia is probably too poor sadly to have time to jump on before online is dead even under 10NL and cheap MTTs).
Not to sure about that. Africa is poor, but large parts of Asia is booming and presumably an important factor in the growth of GG Poker. GG Poker was originally a chinese owned site. Today the ownership is a bit unclear at least to me.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What tournaments are those? XD
Sometimes i prefer to play late in the evening and go through the night XD
God bless

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What tournaments are those? XD
Sometimes i prefer to play late in the evening and go through the night XD
God bless
"Big tournaments" are most likely the ones which cost like 100+ ...
Although in certain scenarios things with buy-in 10-50 could also be treated as big tournaments lol ...

Either way they usually will last like 4-6+ hours and (atleast for europeans) start around dinner time ...

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As a European citizen I skip many nice tournaments after a certain time (7 - 8pm) because I wake up early in the morning , I am turbo , hyper oriented if I want to play some poker.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How late are these finishing for you? When I was doing this after work I found I would go on to 2-3am. It was killing me to go to work so try and concentrate on the weekend more. Sometimes find if I start paid games I risk entering a longer one. Generally only do bigger mtt's.
Bronze was the only one that finished at 1am which was annoying. Silver and plat usually take 2 hours 3 max

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I choose to select time to play " big tournaments" on Stars during the day. It depends what your body clock tells you.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have noticed that many big tournaments start late in the evening and go through the night (for Europeans) even if it happens on Saturday or Sunday, I think it would be better to play normally during the day .Thanks for your thoughts!
Hi
For me, on the contrary, the best time is the evening. I also often play at night. I can't play during the day because there are always other things to do during the day. But in general, in my opinion, each of us can choose for himself those tournaments that suit him best according to the most different characteristics. We are all lucky that our planet is round and not square.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since I usually only play on the weekends, the start times until 9 p.m. are completely ok. I rarely play anything that starts later.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
И Европа, и Америка являются крупными покерными рынками.

Найти подходящее время начала турнира для часовых поясов с разницей в 6-9 часов — непростая задача.

По крайней мере, европейцы по-прежнему могут сыграть турнир и пожертвовать/отложить несколько часов сна вместо того, чтобы начинать посреди ночи, как это пришлось бы сделать некоторым азиатским игрокам.

@YLAN, @marvinsytan, @Gallarado777: во сколько у тебя обычно начинаются турниры? 🤔
Yes, our tournaments start very late at night, it happens at 24:00 or at 1 am, so we have to play late at night and you all know that tournaments take a very long time from 3 hours or more, sometimes 8-9 hours, so it's very difficult for us to come after work tired and then we play in a tournament and want to sleep and tomorrow we have to go to work so I have to risk my time if I know that I will make it to the final then I try I'm playing, and if I see that I won't be able to reach the final, I quickly try to finish playing and go to bed

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, I'm okay! For example, the Sunday Million every week starts at 8:00 pm for my time zone. Yes, after midnight I can move to my smartphone since I have the PokerStars App installed. PokerStars rules allow you to play the same tournament from different devices, so it's fine. :)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it is complicated by the time difference between Europe and America, it is also complicated because if you ask a European they will say that they would like it earlier and the same would be said to those of us who live on the American side, I think I agree with something he said someone who is more for people who dedicate themselves to playing and basically making a living from poker, they have all their time to dedicate to tournaments, a person who has a regular office job or whatever has to think very carefully to be able to play that game. type of tournaments