vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used the search function and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this

inb4 someone lists about 15 threads and calls me a donk heh

anyway

I have 10/8 utg with 24k in my stack, final table, I am the effective stack, $50 to 4th, I suspect 1-3 are going to chop for 110 each

I shove. (whatchall think)

Other stacks are 120-300k

Big blind is 5k and big blind ante is 5k, sb is 2k

This isn't the best scenario because I either have 5bb or 2.5 bb but my question still stands

in general
with the big blind ante do I just add up both and divide to get my big blinds? or just the big blind?

When I am sitting at 15-30 big blinds this question tosses around my head and it is a major leak of mine

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I would consider the BB ante as a BB, so you only had 2.4 BB when you shoved.

But in this type of tourney you need to start being aggressive and shoving a lot sooner than in regular tourneys as you have to pay a BB every hand! Sounds like you waited too long and got blinded out.

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments it might be best to think of your stack in terms of M instead of in terms of bb. M = your stack divided by (small blind + big blind + the cost of antes for an entire orbit). With this formula you have a consistent way of judging the health of your stack regardless of the presence of antes and how the antes are being paid.

With a 24k stack and sb/bb/antes = 2k/5k/5k you have an M of 2. You should be looking for a hand to shove all in with when your M is about 6 or so.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks all! read M thrown around a lot but never bothered to look it up; will def help me in my game going forward

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
M shove

Used the search function and couldn't find a thread dedicated to this

inb4 someone lists about 15 threads and calls me a donk heh

anyway

I have 10/8 utg with 24k in my stack, final table, I am the effective stack, $50 to 4th, I suspect 1-3 are going to chop for 110 each

I shove. (whatchall think)

Other stacks are 120-300k

Big blind is 5k and big blind ante is 5k, sb is 2k

This isn't the best scenario because I either have 5bb or 2.5 bb but my question still stands

in general
with the big blind ante do I just add up both and divide to get my big blinds? or just the big blind?

When I am sitting at 15-30 big blinds this question tosses around my head and it is a major leak of mine

I typically look for a quality shove when M 10-6 and more desperate shove when M is less than 5.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you are ACR(Americas cardroom does not use the antes in their big blind toggle feature), you need to include the antes in the BB calculation, just add 2/3 of the antes to the BB to calculate how many big blinds you have left.