Bet turn with good equity

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On 30% of flops you will hit something on the flop, so it represents a flop card | K 2 7 | for example it is a good practice to be profitable.

Now let's use that same example board, your hand is AQ of diamonds, your position is HJ and villain is on the button.

No blind 50/100

The hand was folded to you, you with AQ of diamonds from HJ bet 220 and the button called and the blinds folded.

Total pot: 590

Flop: | K 7 2 |

7 and 2 of diamonds

You with AQs bet 177 about 1/3 of the pot and villain calls.

The turn opens a J of clubs, so the board is:

| K 7 2 | J |

You have a flush draw and a flush on the "10" and the "A" could still be good.

What is your next action:

Check?

Low bet?

Big bet?

Check-raise?

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I climb, if the villain equals we will see the river, if the villain resumes or goes all-in I retire (of course this is done if you already know how your rival is playing) This is my opinion.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok, let's look at some pf calling hands for the villain who just calls, just to see what we might be up against. So, if it's a K it might be ragged up since you weren't raised. Other starting hands facing a 2.2x BB raise in position at a lower starting limit might include any small pair, deuces included, or Q9, J-10/9/8, 97, 87, 86 std, even a low ace.
Since you were called on the flop and not raised, I'd rule out the villain slow-rolling a set but having more of a drawing hand.
Now that a J has hit the turn on a flush-draw flop hands like Q-10 and 10-9/8 look like an appealing bluffer hand for them. A bet of half of the pot or a little more might be justified to be sure where you're at in the hand. I would refrain from shoving in this spot since the J might have just helped the v.
Now, if you bet half the pot or so and get min-raised I'd be leery of a set or 2pr. If the villain makes a substantial raise (around 3x turn bet) then I'd consider 3-betting. Even if they hit the J chances are they'll lay it down, unless they have the JXd.
Although, if you think you're on the same draw as the villain then I'd make it a pot-size bet. I guess it depends on your read.