bet on the turn

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a bet on the turn when I have a value and the turn opens a card that doesn't change anything.

ideally you should make a value bet or near bluff if you are the aggressor of the hand, for near bluff: straight draw or flush draw, for value: top pair, two pair and trips.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don’t always think sometimes it’s worth giving a bet in advance

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you don’t ask a question on the flop how are you going to know what to do on turn?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don’t ask a question on the flop how are you going to know what to do on turn?

on the flop you have the option to bet or check, bet that would be the c-bet for value or bluff, unless you are a wizard and hit every flop.

let's say you raised 2.5x from UTG+1 AQs of diamonds

on the flop opens Jd 5d 2h

in your position range you have a lot of jacks such as KJ, AJ, QJ, 10J and JJ, so you should bet to try to take the pot even if you bet by bluff.

on the 10s turn

so the board is Jd 5d 2h 10s

you have a flush draw and a gutshot on the K, you have a lot of equity in the hand, so you should make a bet to try to drive a possible 34 or A3 out of the hand.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think that you have to set up the hands complete, as it as always depends......

what are the bilnds

how big stacks is on the table of those involved

and where are you in the MTT start, minefield or end game

is it a newbie tour or .... (what are buy ins)
e.c.t.

there so much there is needed to take into account...

but you can say .... If you have a tight image you can steal easyer, then if you image is lose, if your opponents is good enough to take stuff like that into consideration ;)

I know most people when they talk hands I had this I had that and he showed with 56o and I lost with my aces have petty with me... b.la b.la

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I make a bet on the turn when I have a value and the turn opens a card that doesn't change anything.

ideally you should make a value bet or near bluff if you are the aggressor of the hand, for near bluff: straight draw or flush draw, for value: top pair, two pair and trips.
Ideally, each such situation should be considered individually. There are simply no typical scenarios.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
on the flop you have the option to bet or check, bet that would be the c-bet for value or bluff, unless you are a wizard and hit every flop.

let's say you raised 2.5x from UTG+1 AQs of diamonds

on the flop opens Jd 5d 2h

in your position range you have a lot of jacks such as KJ, AJ, QJ, 10J and JJ, so you should bet to try to take the pot even if you bet by bluff.

on the 10s turn

so the board is Jd 5d 2h 10s

you have a flush draw and a gutshot on the K, you have a lot of equity in the hand, so you should make a bet to try to drive a possible 34 or A3 out of the hand.
It's more of an opinion than an analysis... but to analyze it more deeply it would be necessary to understand position, stacks among as much information as possible...
but I think it's a good line... and sometimes I can merge some check back as I would already be winning a could still improve your game as was the case you mentioned.
It is worth mentioning that you become exploitable if villain check-raises, having to fold (depending of course on the size of the bet) a hand with a lot of equity.
but again, being to the nuts... it's easier to consider this line

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more of an opinion than an analysis... but to analyze it more deeply it would be necessary to understand position, stacks among as much information as possible...
but I think it's a good line... and sometimes I can merge some check back as I would already be winning a could still improve your game as was the case you mentioned.
It is worth mentioning that you become exploitable if villain check-raises, having to fold (depending of course on the size of the bet) a hand with a lot of equity.
but again, being to the nuts... it's easier to consider this line

Yes man.
It's just a very basic example, another day I'll bring you a very detailed real situation.