Best Strategy for tournaments

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion be mseguro start and go loosening gradually ..

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,in beginig play tight,but and play strong hand,because in this case begining,have many loosen players :) in the middle more tight -agressive, for final you must be courageous :)

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight in early stage then play littel loose with widen range of cards
in late stage stealing blind put pressure on low stakes
Do not panic

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usualy play max 3 at the same time (because if more i can t concentrate to all) and something important for me is to have another source of entertainment , like a move or a comedy show ...this makes me more patiant and i last much longer

hueanu

hueanu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play as safely as possible like AA KK AK etc.

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The golde rule you should become more agressive in late stages. But it would be to simple if it is always worked. Nowadays i see abc-play from the start until stacks are 40bb++ in later stages you should exploit other players game, using history and stats.

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament Style

It is important to begin to get a feel for the others at your table before making any major moves. Premium hands are important at the start then make some moves as the tournament progresses.

A

Aslama01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever strategy helps you win. TAG and LAG are by far the most effective. But really it comes down to how you play. I have a LAGgy playing style, so I typically play really loose. I will jump to TAG if need be though. There are so many different aspects to look at that there is no one hundred percent answer. If everyone is playing the same style, then it comes down to cards. If everyone is trying to outplay everyone, then it only comes down to the cards. If you want to know what strategy will be best, look at your opponents. That will tell you what you need to do.

lookas11

lookas11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just make how many possible chips on the begining and than play not often only with good hands without huge risico that's my path too win but is that not a little bit fishy playing whell we all are just a fishes but who is a poker shark?dosen't matter we play for fun ;}

Royal Shark Flush :):)haha

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't exist the best strategy, but is need to cope with the changes, adapt and put into practice all the actions that are in your head at the tables to achieve one or more goals under conditions of uncertainty.

Thanks for the question.

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the speed and the starting stack of players , one thing is to play a tournament hyper- turbo with 500 starting chips , and another thing is to play a tournament where the blinds increase every 10 minutes with 3000 starting chips

B

butterstoch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check MTT poker school or other youtube channels which provide you information regarding different stages of the tournament and how to approach them

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If based on position, number of players in pot, playing style and of course cards, one should have most basis covered. Then again, nothing is certain. Trust instinct. I am mediocre to avg so my opinion is not necessarily the best.