Best single table SNG resources/opinions

Douggyfr3sh

Douggyfr3sh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been 3 tabling rush poker 25nl a whole lot lately, and even though I feel like I can play decently at the level, I only make 1.2 bb/100 over a 50k hand sample, which is just above break even. With rakeback I make a bit. I have been reading up a bit on grinding ST SNG's and decided to give it a try tonight. I played 10 st sng's (full ring turbo). I placed 1st in two of them and 2nd in one for approximately $25 profit and 38% ROI in just over an hour. I know this is a very small sample, but I feel like I can beat sng's at the stakes I played ($6+ 0.50). My question to you, CC community, is what are some good resources for studying/learning st sng theory and practice? I have heard numerous times Colin Moshman's book is good. Does anyone here have CR and if so, do they have a good selection of ST SNG media? I have earned a free month of CR next month with TFPT, so I'm gonna check that out.

Question 2 is what are your opinions on 5 tabling st sng's as opposed to grinding ring games or playing mtt's?

Edit: Also, has anyone used SitNGo wizard?

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collins book seems to get good reviews, i haven't read it personally but it should be a decent read. There are numerous training sites out there, dragthebar, pokervt, sng grinders etc.

I think one of the main advantages of sng is to multitable, so as you get better, and you play more, you will come across a lot of similar decisions, which lets you add more tables. More tables = less variance as your playing lots of tables at lower stakes, but at a similar win rate.

Sng is probably the easiest form of poker to learn also.

Some of your queries can be answered here, also.

[old link~tb]

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play stt sng's myself and love it - but be ready when the variance hits cause it will.

Collin's book is fantastic - it really is a must read.

I don't know if CR has any of his videos over there yet or not but if they do I have watched a lot of his and there is never one you won't learn something new from.

He also has a cool coaching/staking site with some really good coaches if you are ever interested in that. (It is not video training it is hands on training).

I use SNG Wizard - you just need to make sure you adjust the ranges to more realistic ranges.

The thread WiZZiM linked above has a lot of good information in it so check it out.

We have a thread here each month where the sng players hang out and talk:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/may-sng-thread-175427/

Feel free to join in - also let me know if you have any other questions. I pretty much live in a sng world now lol.

Last edited: