Best heads up strategy

J

Jcapps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to see what ppl said or thought about heads up at the end of any matt/sng ?

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
most of the HU that I have played have been sng omaha h / l and one that other holdem mtt, most of which I have played all are push / fold, press your opponents, many bluff

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Expand the range of your starting hands. About reduction of number of players at a table, hand force increases. In heads-up play only 2 persons therefore to do рейз on the A-2 or K-9 card – need. You are not able to afford to wait only for a hand premium, playing heads-up because you are in blaynda each hand and they eat your stack. Play almost each hand on long loaf and be vigilant on a big blaynd.

J

Jcapps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll give it try tonight thanks Guy’s

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first simple strategy that I applied and helped my game was to really widen your opening range with the button and tighten up in big blind. Position is very important in poker but it HU it is even more so.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plays very aggressively rise or fold but never call bets

L

Ludiq Elchapo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah heads-up is an aggresive type re-raise is preffered,but you need a some luck with turn and river for that :D

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider heads up play to be the most skillful play in poker. You should play differently depending on the perceived skill of your opponent; if you feel that you are more skilled, you should try to see more flops and beat your opponent in post flop play. If you are lesser skilled, you may want to play wildly preflop and try to steal the BB from the button often to avoid the post flop decisions. There is no strategy that is going to work in every situation so you have to vary your strategy to keep your opponent guessing and switch it up every 10 hands or so, or until you feel your opponent is catching on. Try to introduce new plays they have never seen before every once in a while. As mentioned earlier, widen your starting hand range; in fact, if your opponent allows you to limp to the flop, you should see almost every flop.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read will tipton expert heads up and you will demolish your opponnents

R

RounderRob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still comes down to the read you got on the person...when to push/call/fold

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What would often win heads-ups, you need to play aggressively.

What would often win heads-ups, you need to play aggressively. Aggression is the key to success in heads-up and spin-and-go. I do not like aggressive poker at all, I try to play on a good card and on nuts. But in heads-ups this tactic does not bring success. Here you can give a min raise absolutely on any card and then everything will depend on whether you hit the flop or not, and your opponent got into the flop or not. Still much depends on how your opponent plays, aggressively or passively.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is talking about being aggressive when HU, which is fine, but it needs to make sense as well. For example, it is perfectly fine to raise pre flop with K high, every A high hand and so, however if the board is something like 7 T Q, and you missed, it is quite hard to C-bet as these cards could have easily hit your opponent. In lower stakes, don't bluff, like at all. You will get called down by all TP as well as mid pairs with decent kickers. When you consider that, don't be a hero and call other's raises with holdings like mid pair since it is not likely people will bluff often in lower stakes. It is too risky, and even if you do get it right a few times, it will cost you a lot more in the long run.

Also, value your made hands like sets, straights and better. With those, you can probably call lighter then you would in some tough spots in MTTs.
As an example, I suggest watching Doug Polk vs Phil Hellmuth Jr. in heads up match (King of the Hill HU tournament). There is a hand where DP called with a straight and pretty much knew PHJr had a flush. If that was a regular MTT with 9 people at the table, that would be a fold so many times.