Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can understand your frustration with that because it's something I've run into more often than I want to see. These players are gonna lose long term and all we could do is wait for a decent hand and take a calculated risk going after them. Now please don't get it wrong some people be like you shouldn't throw your money into light or take a risk that's not worth taking but if they're going in say 50% of the time yeah pocket dines is not what you normally wanna go in with but it's something you should think about ace king is another one I've known people who say they won't risk it because they don't wanna lose their entire stack it can at times be a profitable play it could just also piss us off when we lose.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As a beginner, this is still somewhat normal, although I don't think it's normal for someone to call all-in on every hand.
There's a problem when someone just does that and thinks that's the whole game.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Mostly yes, beginners play all hands in a row, every hand. And therein lies their problem. But I have also met beginners who were more patient than me, although I have been playing for about 8 years now, and I think that it is such beginner players who have a chance to acquire professional skills.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I like to think of poker as having an ecosystem.

For the ecosystem to thrive you need the brine shrimp, little fish, medium fish and big fish.
Wow 🤩 that’s a great analogy .

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many beginners take a risk and play tournaments just knowing what the hands are and which one is better, but I don't think they are all beginners because there are some maniacs on the loose in the tournaments.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
many beginners just don't understand how to play poker and just go with a good card and immediately bet everything to either win or lose, and they think that someone will pay this bet for them, you just need to avoid bad players and get from them when you have strong cards, don't rush to ruin the game because of bad players

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today playing some tournaments I ended up seeing some beginners who end up ruining the start of these tournaments with some very random all-in!
The truth is that for some to win others tend to lose!
But this type of thing ends up frustrating people who are unemotional about poker and who end up thinking that they don't play so well!!
We need these players the most, after all, we want the weakest hands to be called and sometimes you're just going to be unlucky!
This is why you should enter tournaments on time, the worst players often go out early and you want a chance to be the one to take their chips. You may get unlucky and lose, chalk it up to variance and make a note on them, pack your bags and get on to the next tournament. Maintaining a good attitude win or lose is key to success. Analyze your game, make sure you made the right play and get back out there and grind!

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a lot of emotional and rational choices, having patience is fundamental to catching these fish easily in one hand.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it’s very good that people play and not programs - appreciate this time

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They can do this, they can choose the tactic they wish for their reasons. We can take the advantages we can from this situation, like every other, and wait for the chance to rise our stack!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know what type of tournaments do you play, but this usually only happens on freerolls or very low buy in tournaments.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to think of poker as having an ecosystem.

For the ecosystem to thrive you need the brine shrimp, little fish, medium fish and big fish.

Well said sir, well said. (y)

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when you call such a fish with AA all-in and it has 24 different suits from the previous position and collects 22447, these situations are slightly frustrating and there are quite a few of them

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes it is a fustrating way to play. They just hope they luck out and hit a hand, no skill at all.