Beginners always going all-in

K

kntorAK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Today playing some tournaments I ended up seeing some beginners who end up ruining the start of these tournaments with some very random all-in!
The truth is that for some to win others tend to lose!
But this type of thing ends up frustrating people who are unemotional about poker and who end up thinking that they don't play so well!!
We need these players the most, after all, we want the weakest hands to be called and sometimes you're just going to be unlucky!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to think of poker as having an ecosystem.

For the ecosystem to thrive you need the brine shrimp, little fish, medium fish and big fish.

Last edited:
BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes it is very good strategy in not very good freerolls ))
You can fast increase your stack x3-x5 or more, or leave this freerolls and don't waste your time...

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes it is very good strategy in not very good freerolls ))
You can fast increase your stack x3-x5 or more, or leave this freerolls and don't waste your time...
Right. We all love being blessed with the presence of this player type. Easy double up opportunity 😁. I've never won a mtt being in first place after the first level. Your mileage may vary.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really love these fishes
They are the lovely kind 🥰
Sometimes yes they get lucky but most of the times I thoroughly enjoyed ripping them off to increase my stack quite handsomely in early stages lol 😂

M

marius1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It is frustrating when they get lucky with a trash hand pre flop. The key I think is to stay focused and true to your strategy. ..

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very common to find recreationists in freerolls, I usually call these tournaments Bingo, it's a festival of all in, 2 and 10 of different suits and so it goes, the good thing is when they leave soon and stop getting in the way, these recreationists soon give up and abandon poker

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the only way for them to win anything.:)

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Today I was playing a live game £30 buy in satellite, prize was £180 ticket. The last hand of late reg, a guy max late regged, he would have had more than 1 hand to play but they gave him less 4k not 5k. Anyway, by the time this was sorted it was the last hand, he shoves to try and win blinds or double, I am very short, and look down at AQ. I have to shove here too, as I have around 5/6 bbs, but there is an add on at the break for double starting stack.

So I shove and the guy to my left also shoves, he covers us both. Max late reg guy shows 97o, guy to my left has AJ, I say please lets just see a Q on flop. Woohoo it comes.....I'm ready to more than triple up.....turn is a 7 and river is a 9......I don't even see it.....then I do!!! Gutted.

Would I make the same move every other time, yes I would, but probably so would the max late reg guy, cos he has live cards, and we share the A.

The point I'm making is, sometimes in poker each player can have a viable and fully acceptable strategy, and everyone can be playing right, but it can look wrong. Max late reg guy likely gets the full table to fold most of the time, as no one wants to risk a load of chips last hand before the add on.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to think of poker as having an ecosystem.

For the ecosystem to thrive you need the brine shrimp, little fish, medium fish and big fish.
I love that quote! ❤️ Would you mind if I made a meme of it and attributed the quote to you? :)

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I am playing poker for almost 20 years. I do it all the time in under 500$ tournaments. Got AK or some good hand , and push all in. Where is the point to sit 1 h, wait for hand, and lose anyway. So my strategy is to go all in in first 10 minutes. And if I got normal stack of chips, than I start play normal. :)

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Remember that we have all been beginners. It's not good to laugh at them, mostly because of karma.

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Remember that we are all beginners. It's not good to laugh at them, mostly because of karma.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you decide to go all-in, set a specific goal for yourself: what you want to achieve. Usually this is to raise the winnings or get rid of some opponents. But if you are still a beginner and the cards are not strong enough, then it is better not to risk it.But if you take a risk, then remember that your acting talent will be of great use here. Your opponents should not understand the real picture of what is happening. Confuse them, make them doubt their assumptions about you. If you have a 100% strong hand, make them think you are bluffing. If the cards are weak, do not show any emotions, let them guess for themselves.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I play spin&go today, and one "smart" player just went all-in with 3K, 27 and 4/10, I don't know how you can be like that, just all-in every time, or he thought he was bluffing or something, but it didn't last long, on He was eliminated in 4 hands because he was lucky in the previous ones.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Today playing some tournaments I ended up seeing some beginners who end up ruining the start of these tournaments with some very random all-in!
But this type of thing ends up frustrating people who are unemotional about poker and who end up thinking that they don't play so well!!
We need these players the most, after all, we want the weakest hands to be called and sometimes you're just going to be unlucky!
Not all beginners behave in the same way. There are players who have been playing poker for years and they can also play with junk. Players are different, but in general what matters most is what kind of player you are. Do not pay attention to such situations, other people's mistakes are not your fault.

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The issue is that most who play only know the order of the cards, the order of the best hands and they think that with that they are ready. and, when you study and know more than that, all these mistakes that others make bother us, but it is impossible to play without having these opponents, they are the ones who put the money to work.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
I don't think that it happens alway or even almost always. Sometimes players really can have good cards in their opinions for such moves.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
How do you know they are beginners? just because they went all in with whatever hand came to them? If so, I think that it will not always be a beginner who plays like this, I have seen players who have been playing for many years and play like this in freerolls, and well, we must take into account that many of the beginners do not always have a solid base of I study poker, they know the basics like what the plays are and which is the best and they venture to play like that, over time many will learn and improve but we have to be honest there will always be players who do that whether we like it or not

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I love these big fish. Unfortunately, they are now mainly found on freerolls.
In the 2000s, they were still crowded at the CG tables and in the paid tournaments, but those were good times. :)

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it's perfect with such players at the table, you just wait for the right moment and eliminate him

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's actually a good strategy for beginners who are bad in post flop play..

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In a freeroll when the blinds change every minute you can be down to half your stack in five or six hands. Statistics therefore demand that you may have to go all-in with a 50% hand. That applies to everyone, not just beginners.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Beginners are different. Yes, of course, a large part of beginners play poker and do not understand what they are doing at all, so they just go all-in. But not all beginners are like that, there are others who first learn and then start playing and in the process will acquire new skills and abilities. Beginners are different. But if you consider yourself already an experienced player, then you simply do not play in those tournaments in which beginners play. Play in $5 or $10 buy-in tournaments, there won't be as many beginners in those tournaments as in freerolls or micro buy-in tournaments :)