Beating the bubble

C

crseae123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I recently lost in the bubble with ak when I should have folded. I feel on hands to go in with is aces and kings

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd say it really depends on the stack you have going into that part of the tournament. A lot of people are playing really tight there so if your stack allows it, even worse hands than AK are completely ok to play or even go all in with. If you are short stack however and just need those few hands to go through so you get in the money. Then it might be smart to consider folding some good hands and go for it after bubble.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently lost in the bubble with ak when I should have folded. I feel on hands to go in with is aces and kings
this is result oriented thinking. ask yourself this: if you would have won the hand, would you still think you should have folded?

I don't know how the hand was played or have any information on the situation, so I can't give my thoughts on it. but whatever action should have been taken, should not be based off the results. a -ev decision that has a positive outcome is still a -ev decision. just like a +ev decision with a negative outcome is still a +ev decision.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If hard sometimes to fold in the bubble is the correct play for icm but because of that players can fold better hands that yours for fear of going off tournament is a good time to pick chips when ur with a good stack with agressive plays

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you called it off, when two or more other players were already all-in, you most likely played the hand perfectly fine. In poker good decisions dont always result in good outcomes and vice versa.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's okay. You could fly with both AA and KK or any pocket pair. I played in the tournament yesterday and was also eliminated with a capmana of 66, my opponent had a little more than 13% to win, and on the river he was given A. Yes, it's a shame that this happens, but you should not pay attention to one hand.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well I just lost to the same hand … he went all in and I had AK … he showed K2 and made a pair … it’s amazing how many hands you will lose to some shity players just trying their luck…

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you knew his card, would you change your mind? like a strong hand, but not ready

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That's the thing with the bubble, if you get top cards you doubt whether to bet or not, if you bet all in and lose then you think I shouldn't have done that, if you don't call and see the flop and you would have won the hand you think: I should have called, And so in that vicious circle, I try to resist the temptation of the bubble and when it ends I continue my normal game, many tragedies occur at this stage.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's worth a ticket to another tournament and you have few chips even with AA it's good to fold, getting into the prize zone is always a priority, you just won't let go of this hand if you have a lot of chips and your opponents have less!:unsure:(y)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you're in the bubble you can't wait too long because blinds will finish your chip stack so when you get AK most likely it's time to go all-in.