Which bankroll would be ideal to play mtts online to live from poker (min bankroll)

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
with a bankroll of 500 dollars playing micro is it possible to live from the game? in case remove everything above and keep it for online work tool? Can someone tell me the ideal bank to play.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not at this level yet so I don't know.
I think, sometimes even $5 could be good enough to achieve it.
But also $5 thousand could be insufficient.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not at this level yet so I don't know.
I think, sometimes even $5 could be good enough to achieve it.
But also $5 thousand could be insufficient.
I think you have to give yourself enogh to lose and still be able to bring it back. Of course you will have to start at the micro level. So 50 dollars should be a good stating point.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on how much time you spend on it and how well you do, if an amount were enough, everyone would play poker. There are a lot of things to consider, such as skill and luck.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can check here, what you can expect as variance

Tournament Variance Calculator

You should have some knowledge, what is your ITM value over lets say about 500 to 1000 tournaments (maybe freerolls too).

Respect the risk of ruin part at this page, so you can estimate what buy ins you can safely play with a low percentage of losing your bankroll.

Be advised the green line is the best outcome for more than average players.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me a healthy bankroll should be around 200x the buy-ins of the tournaments you play..
but i think however 100x it is possible to do a good administration! ;)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
with a bankroll of 500 dollars playing micro is it possible to live from the game? in case remove everything above and keep it for online work tool? Can someone tell me the ideal bank to play.

Ideally, you won't want to play higher than 1% of your bankroll in Online MTTs. So, for a $500 bankroll, max of $5 tourneys, depending on how strict you want to be on yourself.

For live MTTs, 5% of your bankroll.

To actually live off of - save up about 6 months - 1 year's worth of funds that you would need to live on, and don't dip into that for your bankroll. Your bankroll should be separate from your living expenses.

As far as how much you'd make and if you could make a living off your bankroll, that probably depends on your volume. You'd really to increase your bankroll more than $500 to be consistent and keep it up.

Also, remember, if you are wanting to make a living from poker, from your winnings - you'll want to put 50% of winnings back into your bankroll. 25% profit for yourself. And 25% back for taxes (percentage may vary depending on where you live).

For live - it may be best if you have six figures saved up before jumping into the pro field. For online, probably about half of what you need for live, depending on you feel comfortable with living on.

Last edited:
Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
and last week I made 75 bucks out of 5 bucks in 30 minutes playing spins. Someone can make 500 bucks out of 50 bucks, someone can make 50,000 bucks out of 500 bucks.
It’s more a question of what ambitions you have and how many zeros you want in your piggy bank
the smaller your bank, the less you risk and the less you get profit,The bigger your bank, the more you risk and the more you earn.
It all depends on how much you want and are willing to risk.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your cost of living. Your cost of living I'm assuming is lower than someone in the US or the EU. It depends on your situation as well. Are you married with kids or single? Do you pay rent or live with family? Do you have a lot of debt or expensive hobbies that you really enjoy? AND DON'T POST THAT INFO, LOL.

But overall, when you get to a certain level of proficiency in poker you will know how much you will need and how much you can pull out of the community at whatever level you play at on a consistent basis. Then you just tally up your bills and see if your consistent poker wins are more than your bills.

And by consistant I mean your tourn chart doesnt slope down endlessly then spike up from a 1st place win then repeat that overall, lol. No its a steady upward graph.

I always tell folks, if you can't pull money out of a bunch of freerollers that don't care or have zero skill then I have no idea how you're going to consistently try to take money away from other players with the software, knowledge and drive to beat you.

Then they tell me about the latest chart or system or something some author is pushing and how they need a HUD to track players and I tell them ok, GL.

But everyone wants to play for money and try to something so again, I say GL.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume by micros we are talking $.25 to $5 buy ins. In that respect I think a roll of $500 to be deposited on a site or already on the site is fine. Assuming your average buy in would be $2.50 or so that would be 200 buy ins and it should be enough to cover variance (meaning you would not have to reload) if you are a skillful player.

Being able to live from poker earnings made by playing just micros is a totally different story. You would need to calculate what you need to cover living expenses each month. Only you know the answer to that but I would think its higher than $500 per month but again I dont know what the cost of living is in your area. So if it is even $500 per month that means you must generate an entire whole bankroll amount from what you are starting with every month JUST TO GET BY with no savings for unexpected costs, investment, etc. So I would recommend first to save up at least 6 months of expenses and then if possible dont quit your day job for a while. Become like a semi professional poker pro and see (even with reduced volume) how much you are profiting and that will give you a better idea of if you can swing it or not. Take the time to plan it out financially. Best of luck to you if you go for it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your cost of living.
Exactly this. If OPs cost of living is something like $50 per month, then maybe. But otherwise almost certainly not. OP actually has a decent track record on pokerstars showing a total profit of $7.518. But these results were created over several years playing for an average of only $1,08. And I strongly dought, its possible to make enough for a living playing such low stakes even in brasil. Also most of the games were played years ago, when games were softer, than they are today. So the best advice to OP is to keep his job (or find one) and then see, how much money he can make playing in his free time before deciding to go "pro".

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For mtt you need minimum of 300 buy ins. Start from here and increase your buy in just after your bankroll permitted you

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
$500 is enough to play $5 tournaments, and if you are a good player and you have plenty of money in your life and you don't need money in your life, then this poker money is enough to promote yourself and win money. The main thing is that you know how to play poker, the rest does not matter how much you start with, you will always rise to the limits higher and higher, the main thing is to be a successful long-distance player

Organize a Home Poker Game Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management