Bankroll for tournaments

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Usually it's recommended to not play tournaments with a buy-in of more than 1% of your bankroll, which means you should have about 100$ to play $1 tournaments.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The general rule of thumb would be 1% for any tournament or cash table. But it is you who decide on your own bankroll management rules. You might decide on playing 0.5$ tournament every 3 or 5 days with 10$ bankroll for example. The most important part is to stick to your plan. Never try to play more in neither winning string nor losing string. You can change the number of games you play but you do it in a prearranged dates. Let say you re-evaluate your bankroll every week or twice a month.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
it all depends on your level of play. If you play well, 50 entries will be enough for you. If you are a new poker player and just learning, you need 100 entries to a $1 tournament, which will be enough even for a new poker player to increase your capital

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey guys, how much bankroll do I need to start playing micro tournaments?
Hey dark, Andreas and luk gave you some valuable info about how to use your BR. As to how much to start with, it really depends on your financial situation and how much you're ready to invest. Your poker level has a lot to do with it too.
In general, you can go a long way if you start with $100 assuming that you will stick to the above-mentioned rules STRICTLY and be armed with all the patience and discipline you've got.
At least, here at CC, you'll get a lot of help. Not only learning about every aspect of poker and improving your game, but also helping that BR itself by participating in a wide variety of freerolls and events offered by the forum.
Best of luck man.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It depends on the structure of the MTTs also.

In very big (in number of participants) tournaments with a top-heavy payout structure, you can go for months without winning one no matter how good you are. And you need to be in the top three rather regularly to win in the long run.

For these sorts of MTTs, I would say you need a least 300 buy-ins to feel reasonably comfortable.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For MTTs 500$ is a good starting bankroll, since it allow you to play up to 5$ games, which gives good game selection on most sites. If you want to start with less, you should propably look towards SnGs rather than MTTs.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, darkgonz! If You will to play the tournaments, for example, by 1$, then, I think, enough 100$. But this is only my private opinion!

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have always gone by the rule of 2.5% for MTT and 5% for STT
But this does depend on how easily you can add more money when needed.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
100 dollars. It is neither little nor much. In my opinion, this is the optimal bankroll. But you should not deposit your own funds. Just play our freerolls and in a few months you will have your optimal bankroll. Detailed conditions of membership in our freerolls club here:

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The bigger, the better. Each player has his own number for comfort. 100-200 buy-ins of your limit

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
how many buy in's before you know if you should stop playing lol

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management