Bankroll management

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if poker is your job, such a question doesn’t arise at all — it’s a fact — but I don’t see anything wrong if I sometimes check my luck — although this is not the right approach, it’s like playing satellite games

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is better to set up a bankroll greater than $ 100 so that you can increase your tournament limits!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play $11 mtts with a $100 br and you have no problem playing $100s numerous times whenever you go bust, then play $11 mtts. but keep in mind that there is a huge difference between playing $11 mtts because you can beat them regularly and playing $11 mtts just because you have the money to do so.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a failure when it comes to bank roll management, I can't help but play high stakes :/
then just deposit enough for the stakes you currently play and follow good bankroll management.

what stakes do you play? i'll help you figure a good brm plan.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing for fun 100$ is good for low and micros,
you have 25 buy in for 5$ tournament and it's ok,
be don't forget that finishing at 1st place in a 5$ MMT will grow your BR fast so keep studying and always try to go deep
Most important thing that you should take care of is that you should not get greedy or disappointed if you lost few sessions and just stick to your limit

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest that behaviour is sign of a gambling addiction. You should make a budget and set a monthly deposit limit on the poker site, where you play. In that way you can have fun and enjoy your hobby without hurting yourself financially. If you eventually win something, that will be an added bonus, but it should not be your expectation.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I adhere to the BR (at least I try very hard), although sometimes I can also play games for money or tournaments not in my BR. And this is very bad, you need to fight this, of course, if you consider poker as a way to earn money.
Ideally, you should have 100 bi per limit (the higher, the better, so that there would be more BR). Since the variance in MTT tournaments is quite large. Getting into the prize area is good, not to mention the final table.
If you consider poker to be purely entertainment, you can play any games and limits, all the same for fun :D:D:D

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management