Bankroll Management..

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
negatives - I had $103 yesterday , if I played semi-smart , odds are id be able to play with that for awhile , I say semi smart because , $1.10 is too low for the excitement I need. PERIOD. I couldn't continuously play that low of stakes , I could meet in the middle near $2-5 mtts and sngs , but id have to have a good ROI , in order to stay interested at that level .........

You need microstakes to learn. If you keep playing the way you do, you're only gonna lose a lot of money. BRM is important and necessary if you want to succeed.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice read, ok so a couple of points i am going to pick out

1.... the Elites, they have been on here for a long time, listen to them they know what they are talking about
regarding the 2 contrasting ways of looking at it, well its a personal choice, you can look at each sites BR as your bankroll, or you can look at all sites put together as your bankroll, its a preference

2.... People are starting to get the picture that, good BRM = profitable play
and yes they are correct but i feel you might be slightly missing 1 important key factor, yes you need to have good BRM to play profitably in the long term, but just playing with good BRM isnt important
the truth is good BRM for a losing player will just make him lose slower, but by following BRM you find out whether you are good or not, because over a long period if you are a winning player your skill edge makes you your profit, you need both of these to be profitable

and 3..... Micro stakes, if your looking at it as "its a lot of work for very little gain" then your wanting to gamble, because with bankroll management, no matter what stakes your playing you will gain a % of your bankroll, if you have a small bankroll say $10, and you play the 10c, and you play for 3 hours, you win $1 (a gambler thinks, thats 3 hours wasted) the poker player however notices there bankroll has just gone up 10%

A

Acemeister80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to the OP..... i can totally relate to your situation!

I´ve went thru my entire BR a few times now and then struggled to grind to a decent roll again. I never really stick to the 100 buy in rule for mtts coz i dont like playing games less than 5euro. i have this stupid idea that id be a bit gutted if i took down a 1euro mtt coz ive been playing 5/10euros for so long that id feel as tho i missed out on a larger payout - someone please tell me this is a stupid attitude!

I seem to play my A-game and play well on my first game of the evening. I often run deep or cash (had a few close to bubble finishes recently that Ive been having a moan about). But if i dont cash in the first game i can easily run through 30-40euro a night. It cant be a coincidence. I cant wait to get a ps4 at christmas so ill have a go on that instead of jumping straight in to another mtt lol

Ive cashed out on at least 4 occasions for 500euros or so each and its only recently ive been on a bit of a deposit run, so im in profit overall. I just agree with the ops aversion to grinding micro-stakes mtts.

Hope you can control the BRM and keep running good

H

hpb846

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brm is a skill , one I don't have , yes im a gambler ,

I firmly believe im a gambler that has an ability to play poker well ,

sticking to just the games I do well in , I turned $28 into $478 in 4 days last week ,

then my dumb ass lost most of it playing in games I purposely stay away from , ie cash gam es , I alos lost like $100 playing online blackjack , stupid , was on major tilt , I dropped all the way down to $60 , flipped out , broke stuff, puinched things , now 3 days after that I have a hurt hand and wrist and $100 I my account , I belivev I can win just as good as as anyone , I just lose really bad , currently my winning percentage on the $20+1 double up turbos is close to %75

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you do a good control of the bankroll you going to keep putting money in the accounts of poker, one of the keys to be able to have a good bankroll is knowing administered, would not have to play those limits of money, you got to play in a limit that allows you to have a margin to win and lose little, maximum up to nl2 bankroll grow. regards

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to interrupt that way but if you want to gamble and win big you can try the roulette on black chip poker. For example, I want to win some money fast, I played Christmas freeroll there and got 28$ for 6th place then I decide to play at roulette there (BCP) and I won almost 200$ for 30 mins then I lost 100$ for another 15 mins and then withdraw the last 100$ which are not that bad from starting freeroll :D So you can try it of course there the risk is bigger :D

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.10 is too low for the excitement I need. PERIOD. I couldn't continuously play that low of stakes ,
This suggests that you could stand to improve your self-discipline. Poker isn't equally fun all the time. As one example, I enjoy it less when I'm working on my game by trying to do things that don't feel natural.

It seems likely that you'd be a better player if you were to improve your self-discipline so that you can play your best regardless of game level. Whether you're willing to put in the work necessary to move yourself in this direction is up to you. But it's called *working* on your game for a reason.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management