ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll use my stats as an example.

1000 hands, 23 VPIP, 17 PFR

In this example I raised 170 hands. Let’s say I got hit with a 3 Bet 51 times (30%).

Question# 1: What’s the optimum 4Bet/Call/Fold rate?
i.e. 25%/60%/15%

Question # 2: What is your 4 Bet bluff range of hands?

Thanks and I’m looking forward to reading your responses and opinions!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on a number of variables including the effective stack size, weather you are in or out of position, and the size of the 3-bet. If someone min 3-bet you, the optimal strategy is to never fold any hand, that was good enough to open in the first place. But if you open to 2,5BB and face a 3-bet to 29BB, then the optimal strategy is to do a lot of folding and only continue with very strong hands.

Also I dont aim at playing "optimal". If I have information about my opponents, then I will adjust based on that information. If for instance I open AQs from UTG and get 3-bet by CO, I would usually call. But if that player has nitty stats like VPIP 11 / PFR 8 over 378 hands, then I will fold AQs to his 3-bet, because I basically dont think, he has any bluffs in his range ever. And there is no point in playing AQs out of position against a player, who ALWAYS have either JJ-AA or AK, if his 3-betting range is even that wide.

If on the other hand I open AJo UTG and get 3-bet by CO, I would usually fold, since its a hand near the bottom of my range. But if the person 3-betting me has been playing with maniac stats like VPIP 67 / PFR 44 over 29 hands, then I am not going to fold anything to his 3-bet. Instead I am going to 4-bet him for value with AJo, especially if the effective stack size is such, that I can 4-bet jam and take away his positional advantage.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
screw question #1 that makes you a bad player when you set yourself in stone like that instead of being fluid like water
on to question #2
I never 4 bet unless i have the goods and believe I am winning and its EV+

I will 4 bet ANY 2 CARDS
if I believe it is a plus EV+ spot due to opponents fold equity and possible pot overlay

it should never be a range to bluff with EVER!!

bluffs are situational and don't require cards
being dealt certain cards should never be a signal to bluff....thats just crazy

dont increase your 4 bet range to be tricky...thats just dumb
if your 4 bet% is too low its because your'e not spotting the pots you could have stolen with any 2....just have patience and focus

but everybody's doin it.....
So I guess I'll just keep on winning then

Last edited:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that advice article is awful vomit
garbage to sell to the sheeples
they recommend 4 betting with a2s+ because their is one less ace in the deck and solid play-ability they said.
makes me wanna puke
the amount of stacks iv'e stacked because of people doing that would fill a stadium

but don't worry im here for us Cardschatters!

there is a merchant for each product

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someday i hope to be good enough and play high enough to have to worry about balancing my 4 bet range and other advanced poker concepts

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ll use my stats as an example.

1000 Hands, 23 VPIP, 17 PFR

In this example I raised 170 hands. Let’s say I got hit with a 3 Bet 51 times (30%).

Question# 1: What’s the optimum 4Bet/Call/Fold rate?
i.e. 25%/60%/15%

Question # 2: What is your 4 Bet Bluff range of hands?

Thanks and I’m looking forward to reading your responses and opinions!
hi, I recently started playing without statistics and my game went to a plus, I play on EV+ and this is enough for me, I don't take offense at moving, here is a simple example 1. how much money does it take to play? everyone answers differently from 100 to 200 bains, and why? all right, you may not be lucky up to 100 tournaments. 2. after an unsuccessful session, EV will start to come in, and you start to feel like the number 1 player . so play your game, good luck

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also BencB stated in one of his videos, that 4bet (bluffs) are not really necessary. So if you cant exploit your opponent (high 3-bet rate), there is no real need for 4bet bluffs

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look, I'm not forcing you to believe everything at your word, for that each has his own head on his shoulders.
do you 4 bet A2 spades simply for the reasoning of balancing your range?
would be good info for the next time i play you:D

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you 4 bet A2 spades simply for the reasoning of balancing your range?
would be good info for the next time i play you:D
Whatever it is 🤨