Avoid temptation with AK?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EARLY in a tournament I'm usually going to take the bait with AK, of course after taking into consideration who I'm playing against and how tight/loose/aggressive they are. I'd rather take the chance and hopefully put myself in a position of strength EARLY --- or, move on having not wasted a couple of hours playing defensively. Plus, if I'm going to be at this particular table for a while, I want the other players to know that I'm not to be easily toyed with.

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a expectative hand.. no more. 50% 50% to flip vs 10 7off.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning of a tournament I play conservatively AK

E

emeraldsrus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can be tough to fold AK but if early and puts your mtt life at risk probably best to wait, and if hand is 3 way or more definitely reduces your chances
gl :)

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always consider how deep are you stacked. Going all in pre flop with AK is not worth it preflop, because its just ace high if you don't hit anything and you will be almost flipping most of the time, and when you face any pair you will be on the short side. Don't do it, simply don't. There is no real deal in this. When you get AK and are deep stacked just remember that last time you made the crucial mistake and don't repeat it. If you are short, however, dont worry to ship it right there and hope to win the flip

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just that it's very often that no ace does not come and you lose

O

Old Islander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big slick always looks so nice in one's hand, it is easy to go wild with it. Personally, I am more inclined to get aggressive with it early in a tournament, when I am trying to build my stack and more cautious later on when I have a substantial amount of chips. In any case, remember what Doyle Brunson said regarding AK: He has won more hands with a pair of two's than with Big Slick during the many years he has played.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing that hurts is when they have kk in their hand and the flop comes up AK6 and you think you still have a better hand so you raise and he pushes you all in and then calls and you lose it all now your out of the tournament.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on your situation, sometimes there is no escape

L

Leonidas9615

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to see the flop.

AK is a pretty good hand, but don't go crazy if somebody is re-raising you, he could have a pair and of course don't go crazy if he's putting you all-in.
Always try to see the flop before to take any desicion.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Twice in the last hour, I have not managed to deny the temptation to call a raise that puts me all-in when I have had AK...

What's worse is that the first time, it was against 7-10 off and he hit a straight.

Would you call with it if it puts you all in early on in a tournament?

Early in the tournament it’s hard to justify risking it all. Nothing worse than losing like that. It’s better to wait until you build up your stack and call all in with smaller stacks or later in the tournament with that kind of hand. Good luck at controlling your urges to call in the future.

viniciusamrs

viniciusamrs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello brow! I had the same trouble today. I lost a hand with AQs, but i was against AA and i was in earling position and 3bet and only one guy on my left payed. The flop were 3s 6h 2d, i was the first to act and i bet 1/2 pot he got back all in and i called!!! I was wrong from the beging of the hand!
It's begging of the tournament and did everything wrong. I didnt judge my opponent, and didnt thought about the positions. I only pay with the worst hand, but happens :( The time for blef or semi blef is not the time i thought.
So its all depends the condition of tournament, how is your stack, how the odders are playing.

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play AK, such a fun hand

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the actual correct play is to fold if it is early in a tournament, unless you are feeling lucky.

I still call with it tho.

S

Slomeslak62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK are always good cards at my. if I feel they are good enough i go all in

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with AK

- "Super Premium Hand", AA-JJ, AK: 94.1% chance with two players still to act, and 91.3% chance with three players to act. So thinking about it all depends on the position and number of players answering your move .

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on the tournament situation if it is at the beginning of a tournament, it is a mini raise or a call, now if it is the final game of a tournament and just drop the All in and pray for the opponent, I did not come with AA KK rsrs!