**August's Awesome Tournament Thread**

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? confused lol.

$29 up in 15 HU games, really don't know if I want to grind rest of day since it's so tilting when you drop all your profit lol. considering not playing any more today and just locking up profit. Only 4BIs off a 10bi low stakes shit as well which I'm looking forward to. Last time I had a 10BI shot I had like a -50% ROI so hopefully avoid that this time lol.

This^

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah right lol, meant to say shot, the two letters (i and o) are next to each other lol.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously just considering buying the $10 reward for 1000fpps just so I'm rolled to play $7s lol. It's pretty shocking value but I'm feeling impatient. Or I could just deposit $10 since I've just took $80 off carbon (didn't even get asked for documents of any sort, it was done in about a week, pleasent surprise lol)

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously just considering buying the $10 reward for 1000fpps just so I'm rolled to play $7s lol. It's pretty shocking value but I'm feeling impatient. Or I could just deposit $10 since I've just took $80 off carbon (didn't even get asked for documents of any sort, it was done in about a week, pleasent surprise lol)

Do you normally get asked for documents on Carbon? I've withdrawn several times from stars and they've never asked me for anything.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you normally get asked for documents on Carbon? I've withdrawn several times from stars and they've never asked me for anything.
I thought so from reading other posts. Stars take ID when you first sign up iirc, I had to give my passport details anyway so stars have already verified age. Carbon have never verified anything about me and I'd read it was a real blag to get money off from there.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought so from reading other posts. Stars take ID when you first sign up iirc, I had to give my passport details anyway so stars have already verified age. Carbon have never verified anything about me and I'd read it was a real blag to get money off from there.

I've actually not verified my Carbon account yet (amazing procrastinator), but for US players I believe they require scans of your credit card you used to deposit, your licence, and a current copy of a utility bill showing an address that matches the one on the licence. So, yeah, they require a fair bit of documentation, but this may only apply to US players as we have limited cash-out options and lots of hoops to jump through to get our money. For now, I'm content to just let my roll sit there and grow, but at some point I'll feel like withdrawing some so I've got all this to look forward to.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. I've been trying to get my account verified for about 6 months. Blue just runs good. MOTHERF***** :D

I've actually not verified my Carbon account yet (amazing procrastinator), but for US players I believe they require scans of your credit card you used to deposit, your licence, and a current copy of a utility bill showing an address that matches the one on the licence. So, yeah, they require a fair bit of documentation, but this may only apply to US players as we have limited cash-out options and lots of hoops to jump through to get our money. For now, I'm content to just let my roll sit there and grow, but at some point I'll feel like withdrawing some so I've got all this to look forward to.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as I'd like to bitch about how tonight went, the the thing that I ultimately took away from it is that I need to play more. There's no point complaining about how 30 games went in one day.

If I play a couple of thousand in a week and run like shit, meh then I can complain a little bit. But jfc not after 30 mttsngs

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trying to comment on strat whilst extremely drunk is not good imo (not sure of reasoning lol). Don't think I'll be playing low stakes tomorrow lol.
Also question. I was in town about 8 miles from home and mates just left me. Had to get taxi home by myself. These are mates I've had always made sure are safe and been the first to jump in whenever somebody starts on them and ended up in several fights making sure they don't get twatted. Do you just **** them off now? Whats the point when they aren't going to treat me the same as I treat them? Probs just going to tell them to **** off when they ask me to go out again. Just feel like it's pointless being mates with people that aren;t going to have my back when I always have theirs.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

That is phenomenal

I mean, if you're being serious then there's obviously a variety of things to take into account. Like when I'm back home and we go out, my mates live about 6 miles away in one direction, and I live about 6 and a bit in the exact opposite direction so I don't expect them to have to pay just to see me home and I accept this as either a) an additional expense, b) just stay at a mate's house or if I can be bothered, c) 'meh just walk it'

If you're all going the same way though and there's no additional info then lol, that's so douchey

Last edited:
B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to coorelate that last reply in the morning cause I'm not sure its 100% clear what I'm trying to convey.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

That is phenomenal

I mean, if you're being serious then there's obviously a variety of things to take into account. Like when I'm back home and we go out, my mates live about 6 miles away in one direction, and I live about 6 or 7 in the exact opposite direction so I don't expect them to have to pay just to see me home.

If you're all going the same way though and there's no additional info then lol, that's so douchey
One of them lives about 100m away from me. We can all get a taxi, drop 3 of them off in one place and them me an other in same place and we go to our houses. I was out and I have no idea where they went, then they just ****ed off home (we all go the same direction home ) and left me by myself, ended up paying like £20 for a taxi on my bill. So we usually get a taxi home between like 5 of us for £15, they didn't even check if i was safe though which is what pisses me off. I've been hit like 5 times trying to defend mates and I know they won't do the same for me. At least make sure I get home safe ffs, not just leave me in a town where getting jumped isn't uncommon (espcially for someone like me lol).

None of them have even text me to check I'm home, lol at them if they think I'm hanging round with them any more. I'd rather spend saturday night playing poker to be perfectly honest.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to comment on strat whilst extremely drunk is not good imo (not sure of reasoning lol). Don't think I'll be playing low stakes tomorrow lol.
Also question. I was in town about 8 miles from home and mates just left me. Had to get taxi home by myself. These are mates I've had always made sure are safe and been the first to jump in whenever somebody starts on them and ended up in several fights making sure they don't get twatted. Do you just **** them off now? Whats the point when they aren't going to treat me the same as I treat them? Probs just going to tell them to **** off when they ask me to go out again. Just feel like it's pointless being mates with people that aren;t going to have my back when I always have theirs.

really get your point, i just dont really have much time for people like that. happened to me and i didnt tell them to **** off, just prioritized other stuff over them.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really get your point, i just dont really have much time for people like that. happened to me and i didnt tell them to **** off, just prioritized other stuff over them.
Yea I probably won't tell them to **** off, I'll make it pretty clear that I'm ultra pissed at them though, all the stuff I'm willing to do for them I just think it's out of order to do shit like this. I mean I have another group of mates with my cousin in who I know will always stick up for me and make sure everythings ok no matter what, guess I'll just hang round with them more and tell the other group they can get ****ed if they think I'm going to be hanging round near them.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am super pissed at mates right now to be honest. Still haven't even checked I've got in ok, utter cunts. I mean wtf, all I do for them and they don't even check on me. Sacrificied playing poker on a saturday night, one of the most +ev nights for me. Although not sure it's good when all you think about on a night out is the ev you're losing by not playing poker lol.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody else playing the support your country freeroll tonight?

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm gonna give it a go. Will be regging for a good few in the next few hours. In the World Cup HU game 1 more win to the $. It's a pain in the arse waiting for the rounds to pass. Need to go get beer so gotta finish this Russian quick.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, why did I think it would be a good idea to turn my laptop on when I got in last night.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To comment on Blue's post.I had something similar happen to me when i was ~19(which was before cell phone days). I live in a small town about 20 miles from the nearest city. I rode to the bar with two of my buds. About 1:00 a.m. they hooked up said they were going to the girls place and would be back to get me in a couple of hours. At 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning i was standing at a payphone calling every bud i knew. Of course no one my age was up at that time on a Sunday morning. Sigh ended up after about a hour having to call my mom to get me :( Seen my buds car was at home on my way home,asked my mother to stop just for a second. Went in found a tea pitcher filled it up with cold water walked in dumped it on his and his whores head then kicked him in the ribs and said "couple of hours hu mother ****er".
No more problems after that :)

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out, lol.

No hands for the first 5 blind levels, shove with KdJd 13bb deep against 3 short stacks from the CO, get snapped off by KQ and A2. Don't suck out.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So this is like a 'why aren't my friends bein' friends to me' thread now??
I thought this was a poker forum? wtf?

but to add comment: maybe there's a message in there... question though is > did you get it?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run good for the hot 0.55

1280_Emma_Watson.jpg