At what point you start folding everything?

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did the right thing here and got unlucky. It happens. I think you were still too far away to just sit out and make it.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its never same but if i have normal stack then when we are 2-3 people away from the ticket and if i have huge stack then even earleir

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never do that. Just make your range ultra-tight and try get some blinds.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep making this mistake i do it around the time i am in the money and look at the lobby and keep seeing where i am at and then i lose

D

Da1Lokker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont start folding everything till last 60 people in a Tourney and thats if you have enough chips to do so . its hard to fold everything in beginning because thats when i get my chip count up . At least thats what i try to do but it all depends on the circumstances .

Larry Robbins

Larry Robbins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Da1Lokker - if you have great cards you must play the same as you always play a game - sure you wish to cash - but if you fold AA or high pairs you will end up changing your play - the time clock is there for a reason - so use it when you get near the bubble - big stacks always pressure you on the bubble!!
Sippy:)
Play them for FUN!

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such tournaments on the bubble blinds reach about 20k. So, having less than 200-300k, I would not even have thought about that. At the same time, to go to the prizes it's enough to have about 80-100k.
I would play more tightly, but aggressively. Periodically trying to steal the blinds.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold everything then I am 15 place from money. Better to reach money then risk all for big fish.

Folding in Poker