At the bubble: Take a risk with a good hand or not?

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The question is what do you aspire to, if you want to win the tournament it is preferable to play chips and try your luck, now if what you want is the prize for entering the bubble (tickets), let it go, or make sure that the rival is not a match.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It depends on how great the hand is. It's even better to fold a good hand when it comes to prizes.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you play a freeroll or a tournament within your bankroll, then actually it's often a bad idea to try to secure ITM first before making a move in case you are the short stack. Depending how long the bubble stage takes, it will cause you to blind down more rather than chipping up.

In poker, we do not make the money by min-cashing MTTs but by making final tables or top 3 placings.

So I only avoid risks at the bubble in case I qualified to a major tournament via a satellite and the min-payout matters a lot for my BR. Otherwise, I am always willing to take a risk to either bust of double up and get into bigger prizes. :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a risck with a good hand or not at the bubble?!. Hm, I think, this is eternal question... Anyway, in this case impossible to guess on 100%!
Because this is "Poker, Baby!" And therefore Everybody decides in this occasion individually!

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, if it's some kind of AA or KK, then yes, but in another case it's better to throw it off

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you have a great stack and a good hand you can take the risk. If the situation is modest then you act wisely and you don't kick the bucket at the end of your effort.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I have a healthy bankroll I will mostly risk it to have a healthy stack going on the late stages of the tournament

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're in last place, yes..if you're in second place against the chip leader then, no.... Use icm for the rest .. :).. good luck

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If there are players below you, it's best not to take risks and wait until you land in the prizes.

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
since I don't play well postflop, sometimes I can't understand and fold a stronger hand, so I'd rather play more aggressively with good hands and choose bigger sizings

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I often take risks and this is a mistake, I have a good stack, I easily get into prizes, but for some reason I want more and more

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me I prefer not to take risks .
I was studying something about this. The ICM probably will say that you need to fold all your hands (even AA, KK, QQ or JJ) until the bubble be gone (except if you are the chip leader, or if you have the shortest stack of the tournament).

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
Take the risk or not? I tend to taking the risk on the bubble with the good hand. But not every time. Also depends what means to you "take the risk" and "good hand".
But against loose players with good hands (not premium) go for it, it's worth it.

Gl at the tables.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on the tournament, but usually I throw away almost everything, because... I know that going into the ITM I will get more pleasure and moral motivation than busting on the bubble with a chance to double my stack - even with the "right" strong hand and the understanding that I played it properly.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Maintaining your stack size will be more rewarding than taking risks to get bigger. However, passivity should also not be overused.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
I can play good cards if my stack is bigger and my position at the table is not one of blinds.

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The goal is first place. Risk is inherent to poker. If you want to make significant gains you need to take risks.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe risking 1/3 of your stacks when closing the action or even half your stacks with good bounty to consider is worth the risk as you will have a better change reaching final table when you win the hand without risking your tournament life.

billzaao

billzaao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
There so much variables.
But in general, i prefer to passive plays on bubble. But if i have a premium hand.. depends on my position and my opponents.

Attachments

• 1694447994504.png
    1694447994504.png
    326 bytes · Views: 2
LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I have a huge stack lead compared to the rest of the table I will bully everyone trying to get my stack even bigger for the final table. If I am really struggling I will sit tight even folding premium hands to bigger stacks. And definitely no chasing!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You can say a lot about the bubble, the bubble is tricky, I lost with AA against AK QQ or 77 hand and it always happens to the bubble

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Depending on the stack you're handling

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I depend on the hand and if it's a tt pair above, I'll go all in.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to take risks without hesitation.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands