The AQs push?

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With only 5 BBs I think you played correctly, UTG just got lucky with his cards.

Being out of position it would be difficult to make much of a play post flop if you had just called

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Friend! Although there is a lack of information about positions, stacks, ... the AQs is a clear push. This time you got caught in the variance. Resilience and go to the next one.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello

You played well, even more so that they are good pre flop cards, unfortunately there are players who play with anything and win, that I am still trying to understand. :confused:

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played correctly. The winner is exactly with the ticket.
You dominated and had 3 to 1 chances to win.
What could be better?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In retrospect, if a hand went wrong because you didn't win it, you wonder if you did everything right, but if it went right and you had won, this question would not have arisen for you. If you want to learn good poker you have to be ready to critically question the hands you have played because just winning doesn't show that you did everything right, sometimes you make mistakes and you win anyway. But from what I have read I strongly assume that you did everything right but simply had no luck. With 5 BB you don't have many options and AQ is really not a bad hand. Even though I often fold it, it depends on the position stack and so on

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right play, for sure. It's too good a hand to fold. You are in 5th and only 3 get tickets, so it's not like you can sit out. Did utg push or raise and then you pushed? It doesn't really matter, even if he pushed he is pushing with A4, maybe worse, so you had him dominated. Unfortunately you lost, but you got it in good, and you didn't have the luxury of not playing so it's fine. The alternative is to fold and wait till you have a hand to push with no action in front of you, but then you might have to go with a worse spot and end up being called by better.
Satys are hard to judge. I bubbled one the other day. 10 people got tickets and I finished 11th. Sometime you think you are going to make it sitting out, but then some shorties double and blinds go up and hit you. That's a killer, to watch out for. I misjudged the blinds going up, that took me out and someone with 1/2 a blind got a ticket.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake is that it is worth playing strong hands starting with AK AA KK QQ JJ.And putting up with AQ in your case is a roulette game.Although having a stack larger than the opponent's, I would also suggest an ollin.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had more chips you could have tossed and sat on the ITM nicely, but since you may not have had the ITM with this amount of chips, it would have been a good decision, I would have pushed too.

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sink is no mistake here. AQ is nice hand for push with 5bb

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In retrospect, if a hand went wrong because you didn't win it, you wonder if you did everything right, but if it went right and you had won, this question would not have arisen for you. If you want to learn good poker you have to be ready to critically question the hands you have played because just winning doesn't show that you did everything right, sometimes you make mistakes and you win anyway. But from what I have read I strongly assume that you did everything right but simply had no luck. With 5 BB you don't have many options and AQ is really not a bad hand. Even though I often fold it, it depends on the position stack and so on
Hi!
No wonder there is a saying - it is very bad for a player to win big with a bad game and assume that everything is done correctly.)

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right play, for sure. It's too good a hand to fold. You are in 5th and only 3 get tickets, so it's not like you can sit out. Did utg push or raise and then you pushed? It doesn't really matter, even if he pushed he is pushing with A4, maybe worse, so you had him dominated. Unfortunately you lost, but you got it in good, and you didn't have the luxury of not playing so it's fine. The alternative is to fold and wait till you have a hand to push with no action in front of you, but then you might have to go with a worse spot and end up being called by better.
Satys are hard to judge. I bubbled one the other day. 10 people got tickets and I finished 11th. Sometime you think you are going to make it sitting out, but then some shorties double and blinds go up and hit you. That's a killer, to watch out for. I misjudged the blinds going up, that took me out and someone with 1/2 a blind got a ticket.
Hi!
Thank you for your answer.!)The player with utg went to raise,the others threw everything off,I went to push.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The AQs push

You played them correctly my friend, that usually happens on many occasions pre flop I have a better hand, and I raise or call all, the other player on several occasions calls with anything and wins, that makes me feel bad and it is frustrating.
On one occasion I went with AA and they called with 99, and it came out on the flop A, 99, I was lost since nothing else came out that could help me.:(

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, friends!:hello:
I have a question-did I play correctly?Yesterday on PS I won a free ticket for $ 11.I play for him, the prize is 3 tickets for $ 109.There are 12 people left ,I'm in 5th place.Blinds 1500-3000.I have 5bb, I go with sb push with AQs to the player on utg.I lose to him-he has A4-he got 4 on the river.There was a note on him-the aggressor.What is my mistake?:icon_scra
you did everything right, you were just unlucky, such satellites are a continuous lottery

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no mistake here, you are just out of luck

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, friends!:hello:
I have a question-did I play correctly?Yesterday on PS I won a free ticket for $ 11.I play for him, the prize is 3 tickets for $ 109.There are 12 people left ,I'm in 5th place.Blinds 1500-3000.I have 5bb, I go with sb push with AQs to the player on utg.I lose to him-he has A4-he got 4 on the river.There was a note on him-the aggressor.What is my mistake?:icon_scra

Everyone's said this, but you were correct to shove IMO, especially if it was a turbo or hyper turbo where your 5bb becomes 2bb in 1-2 hands. I would only fold with 5bb if there were 2-3 1bb stacks left that would be pushed in within 1-2 orbits.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, it was an easy shove with only 5bb and you lose against a worse hand on the river so theres nothing you have done wrong in this spot.