The AQs push?

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
Hello, friends!:hello:
I have a question-did I play correctly?Yesterday on PS I won a free ticket for $ 11.I play for him, the prize is 3 tickets for $ 109.There are 12 people left ,I'm in 5th place.Blinds 1500-3000.I have 5bb, I go with sb push with AQs to the player on utg.I lose to him-he has A4-he got 4 on the river.There was a note on him-the aggressor.What is my mistake?:icon_scra

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Total posts
Don’t think there’s a mistake here, though need to know stack size of other players. You’re still too far away to coast into the tickets. In sb with AQs, this is your best chance to double up and not get eaten by blinds , especially with only 5 bb left. But back to my original query, what were the other stacks like? If they are all 1 bb then you could probably sit out and coast in but doubtful. You made right play just unlucky . Better luck next time.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
Don’t think there’s a mistake here, though need to know stack size of other players. You’re still too far away to coast into the tickets. In sb with AQs, this is your best chance to double up and not get eaten by blinds , especially with only 5 bb left. But back to my original query, what were the other stacks like? If they are all 1 bb then you could probably sit out and coast in but doubtful. You made right play just unlucky . Better luck next time.
Hello!
Yes, the rest of the stacks were 1-2bb each,but I was worried that the stack would eat ante or blinds.)Thank you for answering-it is very important to find out the expert's opinion.!!!

Al fred

Al fred

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
AZ
Hello, friends!:hello:
I have a question-did I play correctly?Yesterday on PS I won a free ticket for $ 11.I play for him, the prize is 3 tickets for $ 109.There are 12 people left ,I'm in 5th place.Blinds 1500-3000.I have 5bb, I go with sb push with AQs to the player on utg.I lose to him-he has A4-he got 4 on the river.There was a note on him-the aggressor.What is my mistake?:icon_scra

No mistake at all mate, let it go. You made right play, but so he does probably. (What was his stack size?)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I don't see an error here. it is an accident that he won. This is the only way to do this with such a stack. Go all-in with a good card.

H

HAP54

Rising Star
Total posts
i don't see anything wrong with your play.the fact is if you had linped in he would probably put youall in because you are short stacked. gl at tables

najisami

najisami

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Not enough information here except that your opponent was UTG. Did he limp or raise ? His stack size ? His tendencies ? .... But in general, with 5 BB and AQ, you didn't have much choice. He got lucky on you, it happens. Better luck next time.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I think your play was fine. But I'm with Doyle Brunson - can't win with AQ so fold it. In the last 4 or 5 tourneys, I've folded AQ about 5 times and played it 4 times. Won once and out the door the other 3 - fold it more often for me going forward!

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
No mistake at all mate, let it go. You made right play, but so he does probably. (What was his stack size?)
Hi!:hello:
The opponent also had 5bb. Thank you for calming me down, but I was worried that I made a mistake.))

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I would have done the same thing

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
I think your play was fine. But I'm with Doyle Brunson - can't win with AQ so fold it. In the last 4 or 5 tourneys, I've folded AQ about 5 times and played it 4 times. Won once and out the door the other 3 - fold it more often for me going forward!
Good day to you!
I am just envious of the kind that you have the opportunity to play with such a person!He is together with 'Amarillo Slim' Preston poker legends!!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
If a player raised or called UTG, then he had to call your all-in and add 4bb or 3bb to the pot to fight for the pot (pot odds) !!! I think that in this drawing you are simply out of luck !!! But the player, having made a call to your all-in, played correctly !!!

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Total posts
I think AQs are good for pushing. Since AQs are premier hands, expectations are lower if you do not participate.

LFC_yllnwa

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Total posts
Awards
NZ
It is a very unusual tournament, when you say, that you have 5bb and are in 5th place and there are 12 players left...Apparently this is a short tournament or the leaders had a huge advantage in chips and it was not possible to win a ticket.. In short tournaments, even more depends on luck than in large mtt tournaments. It is very important, the distribution of chips between 12 players and what are the chances of winning a ticket, if there were very few chances to go all-in with AQ correctly. If the chances were good, I will be closer to the fact, that this is a good decision and it is impossible to wait for the TOP PAIR and this is a good attack, but luck has turned away... It is not easy to talk about the best option, because it is almost impossible to find and determine it... I think it's right to let go of this situation and say, that the luck is gone, but you played right! ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
As others have said, we need to knock the stack sizes of the other players to evaluate, if folding your way to a ticket would have been a realistic option. In that sense satellites are different from any other format of poker tournaments except DONs. But that being said you got your chips in good, and most likely you would never have worried about this hand, if your AQ had held. So its one of those results oriented posts, which a lot of people make.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Total posts
I played everything correctly, it's just a ride to the apponent.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Total posts
It is a very unusual tournament, when you say, that you have 5bb and are in 5th place and there are 12 players left...Apparently this is a short tournament or the leaders had a huge advantage in chips and it was not possible to win a ticket.. In short tournaments, even more depends on luck than in large mtt tournaments. It is very important, the distribution of chips between 12 players and what are the chances of winning a ticket, if there were very few chances to go all-in with AQ correctly. If the chances were good, I will be closer to the fact, that this is a good decision and it is impossible to wait for the TOP PAIR and this is a good attack, but luck has turned away... It is not easy to talk about the best option, because it is almost impossible to find and determine it... I think it's right to let go of this situation and say, that the luck is gone, but you played right! ;)
Good afternoon!
Yes, this is a qualified satellite for $ 109-there were only 35 players.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Total posts
I agree with the majority of previous posters in this thread that you did not make a mistake at all. With a short stack, I believe that you need to find a good spot to get your chips in with a strong hand. You don't want to do anything silly. But I'm not a big fan of waiting around for other players to bust out. While you're waiting those short stacks might get doubled up. Before you know it you might very well find yourself sitting on the short stack wishing for a hand like AQ and wishing you had played it when you had it. You got your chips in good. That's the best thing you can do.