Any tips or strategies for Flip&Go?

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing Flip&Go on GGpoker with the dailyfreebies, but I couldn't identify a way to play this modality profitably.

Have you played this game? What did you think? have any strategy?

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing Flip&Go on GGpoker with the dailyfreebies, but I couldn't identify a way to play this modality profitably.

I used to play these a few weeks ago and overall I had something like a. 60% winning rate. I had very good resulta by being very aggressive, raising a lot, going all in with good cards, bluffing a lot when in position and so on. And never go in a 3 way all in battle:) good luck

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it is impossible to have a strategy in something so random, it looks like the 888 poker blast, only much worse.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

You need to study what the other players have before you discard. There is for example no sense in keeping a small pair if both of your cards are in someone’s hand since you have no way to improve. Or trying to hit a flush if someone is holding a better 2 cards of that suit.
Other than that it is mostly luck so just have fun with it.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I support this theory. Being aggressive seems to be most profitable.
I used to play these a few weeks ago and overall I had something like a. 60% winning rate. I had very good resulta by being very aggressive, raising a lot, going all in with good cards, bluffing a lot when in position and so on. And never go in a 3 way all in battle:) good luck

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

That sounds like the Spin &Gold Strategy not Flip & Go which is two different games

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first stage, with massive all-ins, some connectors and suited hands play better than high cards. At the second stage, you should play solidly, without overdoing it with aggression.
Since they just appeared, many participants do not understand at all how to play them.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the first stage aside from studying your opponents hands and figuring out which 2 cards would give you the best chance of going through , it's pretty much luck .
as for the second stage an aggressive approach is great since most who qualify dont really know how to play against aggression !

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
I have about 5 final tables in Flip & Go for $ 0.5 (I always take the maximum number of entries) and once I won this tournament.
Basically, I think this is a complete randomness, since everything depends mostly on what cards you are dealt, whether your stack bonus falls or not, and only then on which card you decide to fold.
Enjoy!
But if you have already hit the prizes, try to squeeze out as much as possible, at least the final table, since the format itself is very varied (you can make 20 entries in a row and get nothing).

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first phase, I always look for a hand that no one else has. When I get to the cash phase, I look forward to the development of the situation. With strong cards I always play all in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not play on GG Poker due to my location. But as I understand it, the second phase is just like a normal MTT, so it does not make sense to talk about a special strategy. Player pool tendencies will depend more on, which stake you play, than this particular format. So just play like in any other MTT.

As I understand it, the first phase is an all-in shootout with the twist, that each player is dealt three cards, everyone can see all the cards, and then each player has to pick one card to discard. To play this phase well you probably want to spend some hours playing around with a equity calculator like Equilab to see, how different hands tend to do in multiway pots.

In general the value of suited and connected hands go up multiway, whereas the value of high cards go down, since making one pair will often not be enough to beat up to 8 opponents. You also want to avoid being dominated or drawing to outs, that dont exist, because they were folded. Say someone else have KK2 and you have K75 rainbow. Then continuing with 75 will almost always give you a better chance of winning than continuing with K7 or K5.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure, but it is extremely difficult to beat the rake in this discipline, and only poker rooms earn.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And let's not forget the chip multiplyer bonus which is another curveball.

I agree with some of the other comment about it being too random.

Like a funny example for me was:
2 players left at table in first round with me being chip leader.
Me - 33A
Opp- QQQ (x3 chips)

I decide to let a 3 go and keep suited A3 as my best and would you guess what the first flop card was lol

S

simonrdr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been finding this format to be profitable so far in the lowest stakes.
- Buy-in for the maximum to optimize bonuses when they come.

- Avoid playing cards/suits that other players hold when possible in the first stage

- Once in the money, locate the very loose players and chip-up through them.

- Play for the final table and the top :D

GL!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played observing the card of all opponents before discarding mine, I choose to discard cards that do not make it possible for me to, but if I have a chance of a straight or flush I prefer to keep it.

I realized that some of you play similarly, others seem confused by the style of play.

I managed to reach a good position, I lost just before the final table, but I could have reached the final table had I not risked on the last move, I tried to play with only one buyin and I couldn't, I believe it is better to play with at least 5, it could be even better to play with maximum, but I don't know if the investment would be good in the long term, since luck is very present in the first phase.

R

RxCloud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Does anyone have some numbers?
My experience with 1 stack buy-in is 4% in the stage (by over 300 try´s).
Can anyone confirm that

Poker Tips