hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is it you do to prepare yourself for a 4hr game?
Currently I'm only coming in to play in the afternoon, so my preparation already starts when I wake up, I don't think, I don't do calculations, I don't imagine, I just play

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any superstition, but maybe I should have one, because this year all big tournaments that I've won tickets to play I had bad results.

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't have any superstitions, don't want to psyche myself out over something trivial.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prepare a coffee, choose a playlist and make my chair comfortable

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't say I have any kind of superstition, but there are times when I feel I'm going to have good results and the same happens with the opposite case as well.
It depends on factors like concentration, motivation, and mental state.
In response to your question, before playing, I usually prepare something to eat and drink. I also take the chance to listen to music or just relax on the bed to stay focused during the game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing other than only play, when I am well rested and have time to finish the game. Online MTTs have hourly breaks of 5-6 minutes, which is enough to make a cup of coffee or pick up a snack in the kitchen.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I just try to be in a good mood, if I'm going to play a long tournament I try not to play it when I'm tired, I try to have positive thoughts... I have one superstition and it's from personal experience: when I play a satellite for an important tournament and let's say I win the ticket in a comfortable way, I play an exceptional game, it happens that in the tournament for which I win the ticket everything goes wrong, that is, if I win the ticket easily the tournament goes badly for me and on the contrary if it is difficult for me to win the minimum ticket I arrive to ITM in the tournament

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not exactly a preparation, is more like a habit, but I like to take a shower and drink some coffee right before starting a session

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Do not start playing if you are not sure that you cannot play to the end.
Don't start playing when you're tired or not in the mood.
Always have tea/coffee by your side.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no superstition before playing what I do before a 4-hour poker session, of course, I'll sleep a little before the game, I'll also have a rest, eat and relax so that I'm not distracted by business. I do everything before the game and try not to distract myself from poker poker, you need to concentrate on this you need to be careful in the game

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is a theory that winning the first hand is bad luck. This is such a strange superstition that drives poker players into fear. To avoid bad luck throughout the game, some people fold good cards preflop. And here it doesn’t matter: pocket aces in your hands or a pair of kings - a sign is a sign.
One of the main poker superstitions is clothing. No matter how strange it may sound, players are very careful when choosing an outfit for a tournament, because this can directly affect their luck.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is a theory that winning the first hand is bad luck. This is such a strange superstition that drives poker players into fear. To avoid bad luck throughout the game, some people fold good cards preflop. And here it doesn’t matter: pocket aces in your hands or a pair of kings - a sign is a sign.
One of the main poker superstitions is clothing. No matter how strange it may sound, players are very careful when choosing an outfit for a tournament, because this can directly affect their luck.
I love winning the first hand of a tourney lol
But I get the superstition, because many times it happens that we get big lucky at the beginning just to loose it all later to a bad beat or something :LOL:

Last edited:
kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I open a small number of tables, I always look for a background series before tournaments so as not to get too carried away with unnecessary hands.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I just try to see if I'm really on the mood of spending 3-6 hours playing. If not, I just do something else.
Also, I don't leave anything left to do before I start.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to finish all my homework so that I don't get distracted during the game. Sometimes before a tournament, if I have a free hour, I might take a little nap.

Top 10 Games