Allin Or Fold

binh80208

binh80208

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm new player poker and I have a question as to why do some people allin all the cards, good or bad, in freeroll tournaments? Are they really playing poker, or are they playing luck?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
freerolls is just that crazy... ppl throw a lot of all-ins, specially early game :p

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Usually these people are just gambling, they can't or won't take the game seriously in a freeroll. But there are often times when your stack is down where it is the only move you have left. So it really depends, but in freerolls people are just having fun a lot of the time.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say it is one of two things. First is the people who dont really care so to speak and say "its just a freeroll" and go gambling hoping to hit a big stack. They figure they have to go deep to make any "real" money" so they take stupid chances early to get a big stack. Second group or reason looks similar but it is much different when you peel the layers off and dive into the why. Players in the second category are playing high variance or higher variance poker than they would normally play in a buy in tourney to try to get a stack to go deep. These players arent jamming Q2 off pre flop but they are, as an example, willing to get all in on the flop with Q2 on a Q106 board even 100 BBs deep to try to get a stack. I dont prescribe to playing freerolls either way but I can at least see some reasoning with the second group of players who just decide that since its a freeroll, and that the bigger prizes are deep, that they are willing to take a lot of risk early on to get a stack that can possibly propel them deep.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm new player poker and I have a question as to why do some people allin all the cards, good or bad, in freeroll tournaments? Are they really playing poker, or are they playing luck?
they just want to double up and take it from there

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you have to pay a hefty price to play, you don't see this kind of betting.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most of the recreational, just play, no matter what cards they have in their hands, the worst thing is that luck ends up helping, but for a short time

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This type of game makes everyone else make rash bets, I think that free card games with a large number of players are more harmful than beneficial.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you need play tight,cause freeroll people are too agressive

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it’s just that when you don’t play for money, there is no responsibility - after all, you haven’t invested money, such tournaments are just to learn the basics - you shouldn’t take them seriously

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
They play with his luck and they lose soon just wait some time

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well sometimes if theyre stack is really low they will allin almost all the time. In poker cards work not only on the basis of sole cards, but also how ,uch chips you have. The smaller your stack gets, the bigger your playable hands are.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Freerolls attract many players because it is free money, unfortunately there are some that don't want to play them as they are time consuming and they shove all-in to get ahead in the game before they will calm down and play sensibly,
What they do not understand is that there are better players that will sit out for the first few levels, knowing that they need to avoid clashes with these idiots, and then start to nibble at their chip lead, eventually taking them out and beating them.
My favourite Poker phrase is "Hero to Zero!" and if you stick around long enough, you see many do exactly that.

xico_moita

xico_moita

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Freeroll generally people don't play with much commitment, so they play the hand anyway, a lot of the time it's easy to take advantage of competitors like that and just be patient and you'll soon get their stacks.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first you have to have your range of cards well defined in each position, then the rest will be standard when playing.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Playing freerolls, you need to get stronger in the beginning, in the middle gain as much as possible, and then there is a chance to reach the prizes... The main thing is cheaper flop and powerful ollins )

hexplore35

hexplore35

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me freerolls are for fun, I often play all in

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They do it because they don't care much if they lose or not, they are not investing money to play that tournament, they just hope to have a little luck and continue advancing in the tournament, if they are eliminated in the tournaments it will not matter to them because it was only a freeroll tournament , in a cash tournament you will hardly see a player be so manic betting all-in on every play

Folding in Poker