Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Picture this:

You're at cutoff or button position, everybody has folded and no gambles were made yet;
You don't have information about SB or BB, that still left to play;
Your hand is an average pocket pair, like 88, 99, TT ...
The stack size isnt that good, picture like our 12BB vs the 40BB of the player in Big Blind position;

Would u all in for this pot??

What pre flop situations would u All In for?

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What kind of tourney is it? Regular or Knockout? Regular speed, or turbo/hyper?

That information usually makes it easier to make a decision.

But in a general scenario, a high pocket pair such as +88 would be a good shove in Cut-off against SB & BB IMHO.
If you're deep in the tournament and SB & BB stack-size were medium size, I'm certainly raising +3BB in cutoff, not shoving all my chips. Only if they were small stacks.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What kind of tourney is it? Regular or Knockout? Regular speed, or turbo/hyper?

That information usually makes it easier to make a decision.

But in a general scenario, a high pocket pair such as +88 would be a good shove in Cut-off against SB & BB IMHO.
If you're deep in the tournament and SB & BB stack-size were medium size, I'm certainly raising +3BB in cutoff, not shoving all my chips. Only if they were small stacks.
Makes sense. You really don't have to put all your chips for that.
The question was actually for a general scenario, but in the situation that happened to me it was a regular sit n go tournament.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Makes sense. You really don't have to put all your chips for that.
The question was actually for a general scenario, but in the situation that happened to me it was a regular sit n go tournament.
I see.
With 12BB agaisnt 40BB Big Blind a shove would be a nice call. It's a coin flip if he's holding Ace-x thought.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must go all-in in in such a situation. There might not be another case.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 12BB effective you can either open shove or min-raise. If you are near the bubble or on the final table with other players having even shorter stacks, you probably want to open jam for max fold equity. But if you are far from the money, you dont mind getting jammed on by hands like KJ. Its often called a "flip", but you are actually around 55% to win, and there is some overlay from the blinds and ante. Getting a dubble will put you back in contention, and if you lose, you dont need to waste more time hanging around with a short stack. So in that situation its fine to min-raise and be prepared to get it in against a 3-bet.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends. Are you on the bubble, trying to reach the next level? If I were short stacked I would probably go all-in.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I've got 12bb?.... I'm going, if I lose I lose, on to the next game👍

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I must go all-in in in such a situation. There might not be another case.
The most annoying thing is when in such a situation you lose, but you still have a few blinds.
On the next hand, you get pocket aces :p

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If everyone has already folded, then there is the possibility to go all in, because I would have only one opponent. In these cases many times everyone fols and you collect the blinds. But if you were short stacked there are no many chances left, going all in is a solution.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi, as has already been written it depends on whether you are on the bubble and could still make it into the money if it is important to you or it is a bounty in which case I would either all-in or fold because everyone is keen on bounties especially since you only have a few chips anyway! I would go all in hop or top :)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
What hands you choose to play and what actions you perform preflop determines the course of the rest of the betting streets. Beginners are advised to be as careful as possible when choosing starting hands: post-flop decisions will be easier, since you will find yourself in difficult situations less often. The following factors influence decision making: hand strength, position at the game table and opponents' actions before your turn.When one of the opponents bets All-in preflop, this does not mean that he has pocket aces. In MTTs, the blinds are constantly increasing (stacks are decreasing accordingly), forcing players to make decisions for all chips far from aces.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi SlowHorse,

in my opinion this is a tricky situation because i think most players would advise you to play agressive - but for example with middle pair like 88 i wouldnt go all in when i have 12BB left. The Problem is when player in BB postion plays loose with cards like Q-Jos or Q-9s/J-10os and Villain in SB-position also hold a K or J and you get a call from these Villains you haveto get a 8 on the board because otherwise your chance to win is very small.
If this Villain in SB position is also short stacked it is good for you and your tight aggressive play against the BB player is more effective - but no garanty for victory. I would try to see the flop with a preflop raise at 2,5BB-3,5BB, if you hit on the flop then you go all in, is there is only 1 Card higher than your 8's than cont._bet.
If you have 10's then you can play it with more risk i think, preflop raise 3-4BB or All in if you think you getting no better cards on this evening and your stack is smelting - depends on pro/contra tournament standing - how far to the bubble, how many short stack players in your area!?
I hope i could give some interesting aspect to think over.

Greets Balou

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Picture this:

You're at cutoff or button position, everybody has folded and no gambles were made yet;
You don't have information about SB or BB, that still left to play;
Your hand is an average pocket pair, like 88, 99, TT ...
The stack size isnt that good, picture like our 12BB vs the 40BB of the player in Big Blind position;

Would u all in for this pot??

What pre flop situations would u All In for?
Usually you are ahead of Ax and Kx that would call you shove, some times lower pairs. So i prefer showing there, picking up 2,2.5 bb is a huge deal for you stack size, and you dont want to open fold with that stack, so shawing those type of hands is profitable.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on a lot of things what I would do.
My action would be determined by what I've seen from the SB and BB so far, but my goal would definitely be to get all-in with them preflop, because 88-TT cards are dangerous on the flop.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I wouldn't unless the hand is strong enough to win the hand. Even with my strongest hands I would rather play it than go all in pre flop

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it will depend on the situation and the moment of the match and also on the amount of chips that I have and that of the 2 opponents

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a cheap tournament or a low-caliber cash table, then you can go all-in with such a card. Otherwise, I will raise 4bb.

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I would go all in on the early and middle stages of the tournament, but not on the late stages. On the late stage of the tournament i would min raise with that, if an opponent re raises i fold