rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. I usually in this freeroll give 3 to 4 allin and then I go to 3 bet, and be patient.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Manege to hold your gut until the first few levels, after that the situation is getting better, since the players who are playing bingo are gone.
If you hit a good starting hand its a extra way to build up your stack and continue to play the tour as a chip leader.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight for the first 30 minutes of the tournament... then start picking your battles typically if you can beat high pair with two pair or better you'll take the pot for the next hour. After that you gotta tighten up and make sure you're playing only quality hands and even tossing good hands as you get close to the bubble especially if you're on the cusp. Once you get into ITM, you need to start throwing your stack around to steal blinds to make it to the final table. Good luck at that point! :)

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean... it's a freeroll mate. Can't expect too much from people. But look on the bright side: If they're shoving with average hands, you should be able to get a pretty significant edge vs. the competition.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've come to expect crazy play at the start of freerolls. The strategy that usually works for me is to tighten up my hand selection. I try to open with a raise to minimize the number of players I'm up against pre-flop. If I can, I try to avoid playing community pots, unless I have an exceptionally strong starting hand. If I see too many players enter the hand in front of me and don't think I will be able to raise a couple of them out of the pot, then I will just get out of the way and let them have at it. Usually, these loose/aggressive players will tend to bleed chips and don't last very long. So if you pick your spots wisely, you stand a good chance of outlasting them. Once the game calms down you'll get a chance to play some quality poker.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is poker) so you have to either fold the obviously better hand or toss a coin)

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't help but call all ins when ppl go all in at my table every hand,
Something ticks in me and i get so frustrated that people that do this tactic actually works for them. LOL :(

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in strategy

Any information on why players always go all in during early stages of a freeroll?
It's beyond me that players would wait hours to play a free roll to only go all in and lose.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages of the freeroll, I think they go all-in because it doesn’t cost players anything to enter, so they don’t take the game seriously and so play a lot easier.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s a chance. Because, you can break the enemies if you´ve strong hands. Therefore, I like it.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning it just goes all in with strong hands, first hour of the tournament only play with high hands!

:D

only at the first hour?
I like poker because I like to play, to see the flop and make numbers..
I prefer to go all in on pre-flop when we have big blinds

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It cost nothing to go in, they hope to get a nice chip stack early them become a nit until they are in the later rounds and pick up a couple of free bucks.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw, in live poker (start stage) is a similar situation which make players do strange things :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any information on why players always go all in during early stages of a freeroll?
It's beyond me that players would wait hours to play a free roll to only go all in and lose.
what exactly do they have to lose? nothing.

if they bust out, they bust out. oh well, another one will start soon. and if they double, triple up, or better, well now they have a huge lead.t

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is an emotional game, getting 20 shitty hands in a row and seeing ace can force you to do stupid things sometimes

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
since they don’t pay money for entry, there is no value to the tournament, 70 percent of the players play like that

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is because it does not cost them anything to enter, but taking that out if it is a progressive ko, gives you the chance to eliminate more quickly.
Everyone has their strategy and you have to respect it, I would not go all over the pot unless I have a strong hand​

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only at the first hour?
I like poker because I like to play, to see the flop and make numbers..
I prefer to go all in on pre-flop when we have big blinds

good perception too, and success at the tables ....

:captain::captain::captain:

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always think they are trying to double or triple up right away otherwise they dont want to play normally

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I in such situations act on mood, after all if think two aces this is only the senior couple, and its easily circumvent any set, street, and vast. But poker is a game and there are no clear rules. So I wish you a good game:)

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too, but what's you do when you have AA, KK, QQ, JJ and three or more come in all-in before you!

You should shove too you have a good showdown value
Freerolls have their own way of play and you can't play them like you do in a normal tourney, but in a deep run they will be the same and they only differ in early stages