All in or get knocked out on the blinds

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone what do you all prefer to do say your hanging on for last table and the bb is 400 and you have 750 chips left you have just payed the sb and B.B. and there is 4 people before you pay again your dealt A 9 on the button do you go all in or fold

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in and hope for the best....ive seen many people do this and most of them work out

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely ship it in .... you still have a chance .. it may not be an optimal hand but any two can come out on top .... for me blaze of glory is better than a whimper ... I probably wouldn't wait that long either imo its better to take that chance when it will do something positive for my chances in the tournament ....

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
show me the tournament situation and I'll answer more accurately. but in most cases, playing with such a stack is not effective. Even doubling does not give you any strong position, so it is more useful simply to wait for ITM, if it is available for the remaining hands.

M

Malette82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're holding a ace definitely all in better to be all in with the best high card instead of possible 7 2 on the next hand if you fold.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your like one spot away from the money, I might just fold and hope that someone else will bust out. Else, I would go all-in.
If you are on the final table, then I would also go all-in, cause the other players are likely to simply wait for you to bust out to improve their gains.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this situation is all in. With A9 you have 62 percent equity against a random hand group so the size of your stack is certainly an all in

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re

All in. Probably the best hand you'll have .honestlybthwt low I would of jammed with any two cards when u were under the gun before big blind even hit you to try and maximize your stack

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have no options .. all in ... without hesitation ..)))
And pray to the God of poker ..)
:musicus:

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All-in and there are no other variants.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were in this situation that you describe ... I think I would have forced to play all-in A9 in this situation.

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thankyou everyone these are the answers I was hoping for this happened to me last week and iv been thinking about it ever since the game was very dry for me and when I did get a half decent hand I won the pot but the wins where small and then they stopped all together by the time I was down to 10 B.B. I was folding everything as they where things like q 2 27 39 etc etc by the time I finally got a hand worth going all in with it was well as you all no A9 and I was in serious trouble unfortunately i lost to a pocket pair of 3 sigh

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any ace or pair is push with less than 5 BB I probably would have called with any 2 cards in Big blind to be honest as you have no fold equity with 2 or 3 big blinds good luck

3betfish

3betfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
open-shove or call by shoving, there is no fold option in this position unless if you don't like making correct decisions.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evaluate your shortstack play, because you shouldn't end up with 1bb to be honest.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is no question, a clear all-in. In this situation, even with weaker cards is a clear push
I suggest the tournaments for the late stage, push or fold strategy

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what the effective stack of the table is. Was there a raise before I could act, and my image at the table....

If I were the low stack, and everyone else had an average of 11BB or more, with it folding to me. That's a no brainier, you're shoving.

I consider folding, and waiting for a better spot is if. Everyone has less then 10BBs, and the tightest player at the table open shoves from Early Position.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are waiting for last table it means there are about 5 players at your table, that makes your A-9 very strong and I would go all in. You may steal the blinds with others thinking of final table or get a call and let the Poker gods take over.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have less than 10 blinds, this is an automatic all in with ace.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am glad I read this post. I have wondered sometimes what I should do in a situation like this. I usually get killed with A7 A8 or A9, but I guess you guys know better than me with yor experience. Next time its all or nothing !!!

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation if I already know that I will not drop the hand, and I am with few chips the best solution and already come with everything. ALL IN

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this stack you have no more options, you need to shove a large range, or you double or lost. With a little more of chips in certains spots you can diferent, like 8BB in utg on the bubble, if there's others players with less chips you can choose for fold waiting for other player lose.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually with almost 2 BB you have to go All in with any two cards.