tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Blinds 2k/4k UTG opens 10k UTG+1 3-bet 25K I'm button stack 40k and I have pocket jacks, what is the play all-in or fold :confused:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are in the best position, but your opponents are making bets showing that they have something strong. You can go all in hoping they had an AX or KX and no A or K appears on the table!

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is going to be read-specific, most likely. If you have zero information on these players, shoving is probably okay. If you know they are tight players, your JJ is either a slight favorite against against AK/AQ or facing a bigger pocket pair

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blinds 2k/4k UTG opens 10k UTG+1 3-bet 25K I'm button stack 40k and I have pocket jacks, what is the play all-in or fold :confused:

Thank you for posting.

This is where HUDS and or note taking comes into play.

Some of the data we are looking for while we play is:

Are these players playing GTO ranges?

Does the 3 bet raise size mean anything? 2.5x is that standard for this player pool?
If it is low sizing vs an UTG player that may mean it is very strong so QQ+ AK
TT might raise larger in your player pool do they?

Is the UTG player a weak player? This may mean an ISO raise by UTG1 therefore the above range is not their range.

What about there stack sizes do they have 50bb+ stacks or less?
Would UTG1 small 3 bet hands worse than JJ with say 18bb or 22bb etc?

Gathering data while we play is for these very situations. We are always estimating ranges so we cannot estimate the correct action without range data.

JJ can be either a fold or shove here. The only data u gave us suggests fold but only based on V positions that is not much to decide on. So 85%fold 15%shove

Hope this helps
:):)

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i would fold there, think the 2nd raiser has kk's + think if he had AK or QQ his size would be bigger and i also think with that size he has a better hand than you 95% of the time, think i will always fold there and i'm beat 90% of the time only time i'm a head is againts 10's or AK but don't think they will open that to 15k more with those hands

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
once again it depends on the situation, if it is a situation where the payments are approaching it is possible to even consider giving up, but in general even without evaluating the opponent it can be an all in or an easy call

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's almost always a tough situation with JJ when facing raises and 3-bets. You did not mention your opponents stack sizes, so we have no idea if you have any fold equity there. More important could be the stage of the tourney, especially if it's bubble time. These factors combined with the villains tendencies would dictate your action.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
UTG has a stack of 122K UTG+1 you have a stack of 310K and there are 5 left to collect and I'm last the one that follows me doubles me and in the bubble is the UTG

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been in this doubt a few times, I went all-in, 75% lost, as well as post-flop, 90% lost, on the 4th or 5th card a bigger pair appeared

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold, you are beat. Speaking from experience, I have made that mistake too many times.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With just 10BB I am going with JJ here. Yes you are against two strong ranges, but they dont *always* have QQ+, and even when they do, you can still suck out on them ;)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend on how the villains are playing, but your situation is not the best, you only have 10BB, you can't wait for a better hand, I would go all-in.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With that stack and in the bubble I'd most likely shove.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in

:DI personally prefer to go all out when I have good cards from the start of the hand. To prevent another player who has a worse hand from hitting the better hand:D

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my experience. I like call on preflop if utg call too. We make decision depending flop. In case utg all-in we fold. I think our intention here is to see flop chipper as we can and make decision after that. It depends on opponents, stage of tournament, reputation opponents and etc.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it all depends on where you play. In an important tournament, I would fold pocket jacks. In other cases, she called.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the best solution here is allin, regardless of the result, This action will be positive. You have about 16 big blinds left.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know if it's already been said - but with 10bb I think you go with it here unless you are on the stone money bubble and min-cash is meaningful to you personally.
As Doug Polk has said a couple times - when it's your time to die - it's your time to die. You have to risk it here - and HEY MAYBE you get the double up and make a deep run.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
all-in
The situation is worth the risk.
.... although you definitely need to consider who your opponent is.

Folding in Poker