All in on flop

boy2k4md

boy2k4md

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Having to deal with players like this, makes entering No Limit Texas Hold'em events less fun, especially when they get lucky and rewarded for reckless play, this was in a 11 cents tourney entry. I had a good stack when I called and hoped I was going to get payed, until the flop happened and I'm just the big sucker thinking my great hand was going to hold...

Did I make the wrong call risking a huge percentage of my stack calling with a strong hand? It was just a simple case of them going all in preflop and me calling.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It happens. I assure you, this is not your first and certainly not your last mistake. But if you take advantage of our free course, you can significantly improve your skills and results.
Highly recommend :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having to deal with players like this, makes entering No Limit Texas Hold'em events less fun, especially when they get lucky and rewarded for reckless play, this was in a 11 cents tourney entry. I had a good stack when I called and hoped I was going to get payed, until the flop happened and I'm just the big sucker thinking my great hand was going to hold...

Did I make the wrong call risking a huge percentage of my stack calling with a strong hand? It was just a simple case of them going all in preflop and me calling.
If we have a skill advantage we want to play post flop more often so we can just not get involved in these shove fest type situations- or if we do get involved just accept the outcome.

We would use our stack size vs field - how the chip increase effects our % of FT frequency and blind increase rate as well as how many passive easy money spots are on our table to decide to pass on top of range calls