All-in with AK in the first hand

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is very strong hand but I'm lost more times than won on this cards, it is a lottery. I would fold!
You win or lose depends on your opponents card, if high pair you will lost more, if against aq, aj etc you favorite to win.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a very difficult decision if it is a freeroll tournament or a tournament low or turbo I would now if it is a tournament of higher cost or low speed would think of throwing my hand in the trash to not lose in initial stages but the truth is that it is Very difficult to throw a hand like AK

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter what hand, in the beginning of the tournament you will need luck. I would not shove with any hands in the first hand of the tournament, maybe, maybe AA.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a very good hand but I personally do not go all in pre flop to see it coming and there if I see if I really have the winning hand or I go behind

G

gabrielckp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With AK that you have a better hand, I think 3bet and c-bet on the flop

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes TK strong card but not at the early stage of the tournament, very bad passes and a lot of chances to fly out of the tournament if you go all-in, I go on such a card most in the middle of the tournament, or walk at a rate and see the flop with TK

J

joeyjmr8484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely call all in AK. I never fold AK preflop no matter what. Only 2 hands that really have me crushed are AA and KK and if they have those hands then good for them, but I am not folding.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not do that, I think that at a long distance this decision will be a minus one

Alex Melnik

Alex Melnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t all depends on the position, the size of the blinds, the tournament and those players that are at the table. As mentioned above, I would not go to the all in with this hand at the initial stage of the tournament.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me AK first hand is very risky.If you play a freeroll then there is no problem there is more for fun than for money but if you play with money do not be fooled

W

wlcubsfan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a free roll I usually always call all in with AK

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me is a bad decision I prefer to do an open raise an then Cbet in the flop

B

Brandom1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everyone else here I have to say it all depends on the tournament. You said it was a buy in tournament so again I would have to ask How Much was the buy in? If it was for say 5$ or more than the answer is fold. If the stakes were low 1$ or less snap call. freerolls its a snap call as well bc 9/10 times they are jamming with ATC anyway. So imo you did the right thing.

Dibsmaker

Dibsmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enter All In only if someone before don't raise. If someone before me raise I usually check him.

C

cata1999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if it is a freeroll you should call but if it is a buy in turnamet you should fold because it is a very high risk

Dibsmaker

Dibsmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opinions are divided but I think that everyone will do as he thinks in the rational sense

C

cata1999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK are good cards but no every time you win witf then. I think in the bayin turnament you should fold but in the freeroll you must cool.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Indeed, in theory is a bad decision and especially theories of tournaments so say. Particularly today I lost twice with AK, and one of those times was in the tournament and is 26. It depends on the position, and you have to know that if we are in early positions is a bad idea. Checked

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on what type of the tournament it was,
however i think that AK is overrated hand

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands