All-in with 4BB in early position

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Thanks for the advice guys! Really leant really useful information I.e. Not leaving it that late to shove and steal blinds earlier loosing up shoving range.

Start thinking about shoving with 12 BB left and do something about it with 10bb's or less.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to make that move with only 4 BBs. The only thing you could have done differently was make a move earlier. Even if you won that hand, you are still in a shove or fold game plan.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you must be able to steal more often, make more resteals, tighten up your range, and depend a lot on your reads, in order to avoid the 4BB jam there.

That being said, it's a no brainer shove and it was just an unfortunate run out (not unlucky, but unfortunate). Better luck next time my man.

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

GoMuCkUrSeLfZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had no other option but to shove your JJ otherwise your just going to continue to be eat alive by blinds and ante. You just got unlucky there but i would have shoved much sooner then that when i got around 10 bb left.

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that hand you was unlucky, but you have to be much more aggressive and shove earlier with a decent hand, getting just 4 BB to shove will let much more players calling you and get the risk to be eliminated.

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this particular hand was unlucky but u shud have been shoving early. With the antes at 4bbs u have next to no fold equity

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to define your range a little bit better ahead of time.
Some of the hands you had previously like AK, JJ, 99 are hands you should have definitely played.
If you wait too long and play too tight your fate will always be up to the luck of the draw.