AK in early tournament stage

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove is okay as long as your good with the variance. In a freeroll or micro tournament AKo is a good hand but above that may get expensive.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will fold in a quick minute with that hand and in your position. I truly don't understand why many players believe AK is just like the nuts and you can't lose with the hand. But it is much worse because a ton of players will go all the way with you if they have only one A in hand. and I believe they get real confused when that one ace does not take the pot. But I have seen so many stupid plays that I hardly notice them anymore. and the same goes for the beats I take here and there. One is about the same as any other ones I played or them I can just watch from the other side of the table The point is that I'm willing to fold whatever I need to fold. And no body would believe the cards I can fold But str8 up AK is the first on my list. to muck when there are some raises before me, It just don't work for me like it does for other players all the time. .but I'm not taken a big chance with my tourny life by calling without at least a pair in the hole, and some of those go in the muck too. and many of those get to see that I made the right play and I saved my chips for a better hand. OK I'm done now GL you all

A

asaell14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to double your bet and be prepared for an all-in;)

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being a noob i would probably call, but i think it would be correct to fold early.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For me is bad decision because you don't know how play oyur oponents.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMHO need to call and need to watch the game opponents on the flop.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy Decision.
AK equals QQ.
Its a microstakes Tournament, a lot of people will call with less.
(Hopefully not to many at the same time.) You really dont want to play against 3 or more guys, even with Aces):)
So The All In Move is your best option.
Especially when you have a massive chiplead on the table.

P

Petycash

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's based on the tourney. If it's a freeroll, I'd call and be happy with any outcome. Big buy-in, prob. fold.

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold some people say, but i don't agree . On tournaments with 1k starting chips most players don't play seriosly they are most time all in, so after 1 raise and 1 limp with AK i would definitely go all in anyway one of them can fold, but if both calls i think you have good chance to win, you have to risk in this situation. Nothing's 100% sure it's poker :D

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not every ak should be folded.If you re head up in a pot i would stick with my hand until i feel my players hand.In rest of the time i usualy fold or folow my instinct.

jomaaan

jomaaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should fold the first 10 hands without even looking at what they are. This gives you some time to analyze the players on your table. Only AA and KK are good enough in my opinion. After that you can determine if you can raise from early position with a strong hand or if you should fold.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends entirely on the tournament, I definately call in a micro stakes/freeroll. Believe in the church of AK!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me and my late hubby joined a MTT at Binions. he went all in with AKS, and needless to say stayed on the rails the rest of the game, and I made final table

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont hesitate to fold if the flop is not good. In pre flop, dont go up to 5BB, a lucky bad player can take all from you with a pair of 3's! CAreful

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play AK agressive, but the bubble is exception

N

Nikita Averyanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this hand has a chance to double up, but there is a possibility that hands like AA KK QQ JJ and other pairs will beat your AK
Just do decide everyone how to play in the early stages of the tournament this hand.
In most cases, players goes all in and often double up.

S

skyllet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fold is the best option even you with a AKo since the beginning of the tournament the players are very crazy

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold because of the stacks relative to the blinds are too big and the nomination against two players doesn't sound like a good idea

B

bruno_yaya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK or you're flipping or ta dominating AQ AJ KQ

but his hand is not formed, it is losing to a pair ... and the chance to take 6 outs from a deck of 52 cards is 6/52 or 11% ...

I do not think worth risking your tournament beginning in a call shove with AK ...

Yesterday I was with 20k chips, small shovou me with 12k and I gave the call with AK BB .. result he was 88 and did not hit my out was short falls of 9ND position to 456nd in mtt and did not get ITM ...

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think for me ako is an easy call. i see alot of post saying easy fold. its a microstake so ima gambling fool all in

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Utg and utg+1 allin then i guess was your turn in mmid position with AK with 6 more people bhinde to act, easy fold dude, i would have folded aces in that position, it also depends on the tournament if its a freeforall sure shove, see what happens, but if u buyin the tournament easy fold with AK, now if i had 3times their chips i would have gambles no doubt about it, but same stacks naaaahhh dude its too risky for me anyway :D

I stopped reading when you said "I would have folded aces in that position."

What is it with people on this site wanting to muck aces preflop? ESPECIALLY at MICRO STAKES? You've got 2 players all-in, so you're mucking the best hand early in a micro MTT?

Either you aren't bankrolled for the game you're playing, or you are the ultimate nit.

T

TheImperator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK or you're flipping or ta dominating AQ AJ KQ

but his hand is not formed, it is losing to a pair ... and the chance to take 6 outs from a deck of 52 cards is 6/52 or 11% ...

I do not think worth risking your tournament beginning in a call shove with AK ...

Yesterday I was with 20k chips, small shovou me with 12k and I gave the call with AK BB .. result he was 88 and did not hit my out was short falls of 9ND position to 456nd in mtt and did not get ITM ...

Your math is crazy amounts of wrong. You are only considering hands where you hit the ace or the king and forgetting all of the straight possibilities, flush possibilities, trips possibilities, etc. Not to mention that you are doing it from 52, which is not how you calculate outs. You calculate outs based on the cards you haven't seen... (In a preflop situation, you'd be doing it out of 50 unseen cards.)

QQ is only an 11-to-10 favorite to AK. Kings and Aces are the only hands you aren't a coinflip with. Now, I'm not saying you automatically call a shove, especially early, but its nowhere near as bad a situation as you make out unless your opposition holds either AA or KK.

ayo

ayo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise a little but be carefull with a re raise. Most of crazy guys put all in with any hand. So , any and has the probability to lose even AA.