B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi , what you think about this hand ?
last level ...88$ ...Big cheap in tourney

https://play.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-hand-replayer/poker/kwebhh.html?hhtoken=27f25f6e97c125173cb73017d54e364bbee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I can get on board with sometimes just flatting AK here to give the limper a chance to come along, especially if he is really bad. But AK is such a strong hand, that my default would be to 3-bet.

Flop
Standard bet when it check to you. Maybe the size could be a bit larger against a fish, but its nitpicking.

Turn
I lean towards just calling this donk bet. You have the nut flushdraw, so there are not many river cards, that are bad for you, and by getting it in now you allow him to potentially get away from some hands, that are drawing very thin.

Results
Obviously a bit of a bad beat with him nailing his gutshot, and with an SPR this low I dont see, how we can possibly get away. The whole situation could have been avoided by 3-betting preflop though.

V

Vinao182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you analyze the equity of AK to shove, heads up it's good, but at full ring it's not much use
I think so my friend , if I 'm short stack it 's for sure to shove , and if only I was deep I would also play aggressively , but in a bubble or similar situation I would try to play in gto mode

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have made it harder to justify being in the hand, before the flop. It wasn't a bad beat, or bad play.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mate you were against someone who calls 5x raise bet with J9o so how could you avoid losing in that situation? Preflop 3bet as above said would be better. However, you flat AK on mid position but you play aggressively post flop against the guy you know doesn't care. Board is dangerous somehow you got top pair and nut flush draw - a call might be best imo because we know that his call at least contain set, two pairs in that board so no way he's fold.

Last edited:
Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should have reraised preflop

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
I can get on board with sometimes just flatting AK here to give the limper a chance to come along, especially if he is really bad. But AK is such a strong hand, that my default would be to 3-bet.

Flop
Standard bet when it check to you. Maybe the size could be a bit larger against a fish, but its nitpicking.

Turn
I lean towards just calling this donk bet. You have the nut flushdraw, so there are not many river cards, that are bad for you, and by getting it in now you allow him to potentially get away from some hands, that are drawing very thin.

Results
Obviously a bit of a bad beat with him nailing his gutshot, and with an SPR this low I dont see, how we can possibly get away. The whole situation could have been avoided by 3-betting preflop though.

I dont 3-bet just for one limper , cryptopapi just called in under the gun , if i reraise the player raised 5 BB and cryptop get all in , it was very hard to call the 75 big blind ... is that true ?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont 3-bet just for one limper , cryptopapi just called in under the gun , if i reraise the player raised 5 BB and cryptop get all in , it was very hard to call the 75 big blind ... is that true ?

Thank you for posting.

We make a mistake when we do not 3 bet because our Villains might 4 bet.
Our V could fold to a 3 bet as often as 4 bet which in this hand would be a great result.
Our V could just call building a big pot and we win vs their JJ-66 or AJ etc
We also force the limper to commit more chips to chase a pot and open the betting again so the limper knows they may have to call all-in to play their hand preflop and fold because of it.

As played on the turn our Villain has too many hands that have us beat for us to shove
all-in when we have the redraw.
Also the V bet a size that should get 0 folds from you we need to ask why?
We are holding the As so we know it is not a nut spade blocker bet and few players small bet a combo draw semi bluff there.
If the V was bluffing the sizing gets few folds on the river when they shove as others have said they would call turn call river so it is not a strong bluff setup sizing.

So when we reverse engineer this hand we see how the V was thinking. They had the second nut straight on turn and second nut flush draw and they were blocking a lot of your nut hands so they bet smaller for value as a shove would get you to fold too much of your non nut strong holdings.

When we estimate ranges in these scenarios we have to avoid GTO range estimates -as this player limped J9off EP so GTO play is not a factor here-.

What does that mean? As we saw here the V's lead on turn was value so vs non GTO villains we can weight their play in spots like this to 90% value leads and no thin value so 1 pair is not going to be good here.

Hope this helps
:):)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play correctly and take into account all the circumstances of the game, then any card can benefit you. Some even complain about a couple of AAs. But in vain.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi , what you think about this hand ?
last level ...88$ ...Big cheap in tourney

https://play.americascardroom.eu/online-poker-hand-replayer/poker/kwebhh.html?hhtoken=27f25f6e97c125173cb73017d54e364bbee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

AK is a very vulnerable hand and I play it aggressively. You need to make a good raise from the perflop and try to take the pot on the flop if you don't hit ... You shouldn't go all-in on such a hand, very often AK loses in such confrontations, more times you will be moved than you will take something to AK in all-in :jd4::):jd4: