AJ in the Big Blind

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What to do in the big blind when you have A J and came raise, re raise (in the middle of the tournament)?

This is an easy fold.

Unless both those players have been behaving that aggressively the whole tournament.

AJ is inferior to AK AQ and any pair.

Hope this helps.

Good luck !

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Dud players and maniacs are mostly out by the middle od the tourney so I would give the 3 bet a lot more respect. If you fold a better chance will come along and you can whack it up and crack it fat lol

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are several moves, it depends on your opponent's reading! Be careful with the Trap!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not much information, only general advice can be given. I always tell you to describe the specific situation, so much more accurate help can be given!
It can depend on many things, in brief, if you have a small stack all-in, if a lot, call or re-raises.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how big this raise is and how big my own stack is, but reraise is definately an option. I might also just call and check what the flop brings.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If two people are already involved, I do not waste my time. If there is just one other player and I feel they are just trying to steal my blind, I would shove all in.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was before the flop, his letters were connected, because it makes the difference at the time what to do when this happens, it is a complex issue and needs to be more information.
:call2:

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your position and the type of player you're against ,the tighter the opponent,the more likely you are to -just call- .. But usually a raise is recommended

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer go all in if I am short stacked.If not ,just fold.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
it all depends on the flop (community cards) since when you raise at least you should have a pair and see if the community cards are convenient since being very aggressive you can take the surprise of being in confrontation with someone with AK, AQ or losing against a smaller pair up to color it is advisable to observe that first to see if it will be profitable to raise the bet always taking care of your chips

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a 3-bet in front, your AJ is most likely dominated by at least one of those hands. The absolute best you could probably hope for is that those hands are both middle pairs like 88 and TT or one of them is KJ. Otherwise, your AJ is going to be in pretty bad shape, most like against a higher pair or AK/AQ. This is a fold in most cases.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table, on the players and their usual range. And depends on the position of players on a table. If he raises under the gun or when there are a lot of players after him it usually means he has a good hand. And if a 3 bet is there it usually means that he as well has a great hand. Well now it can be that the players at the exact table are more loose-aggresive type of players and they might be opening with a wider range. So thats what it depends on. Sometimes a good play is to 4 bet and represent a higher hand than you have and steal the pot before the flop but usual play with AJ off suit is just a fold. Hope i can help

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AJ is a good card, I usually always raise in the big blind, if someone makes a 3bet, I look at his statistics and decide to call or fold. If a tight opponent raises ahead of me, I will call, and if a loose opponent raises ahead of me, I fold. If my opponents raise and re-raise, then I fold. The size of my stack and the structure of the tournament play a big role.

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends of many things.
For example if you are short stack and blinds will soon eat you of course all in. But if you have time fold and wait best hand.
Of course here is hard to say what to do because we need to know what was your stack and your opponents, what were the blindes, how this two players play before, what is prizes, where is the buble and etc and etc.

What to do in the big blind when you have A J and came raise, re raise (in the middle of the tournament)?

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very much depends on your opponent. If the opponent is an aggressive loose player, then make a call. If neat -fold

S

stoneryder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the most dangerous hand in the big blind I think.I prefer not to play this hand if some player raised too much.I prefer fold this hand.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of those handful of alluring hands...LOL

But with heavy action early, def. a fold!!!

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack All Inn , over 30 BB fold , over 50 BB depends how good you know your oponent , but AJ is not that strong card, so I will fold most of time.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A-J are good cards? I only pay to see the flop, but would not be in a good position to continue.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I raise with AJ on BB if I reraise someone after me, I fold, most likely the opponent has a much stronger hand.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation!!!!!!