AIOF tournaments on ACR?

M

muleyy999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you or anyone else want to play in an all in or fold tournament ? Is it not pretty much like random luck?

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion it is basically a coin flip, I do not play any aof

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a strategy to them. Seek the info. The knowledge can be used for other games/situations as well.

Good practice for how to play final table or when the blinds are so large compared to your stack like at a final table.

I'm not interested in them because of how deep you have to go for a payout and then I have no interest in playing in the tourn they feed into because I don't normally play at that level since I'm just practicing in freerolls looking for consistency and a few other things so I'm not interested in them.

But ACR offering Hypers are a great opportunity for folks to practice and experience them for nothing.

If someone is really interested in those then you can read about hyper strategies and final table strategies and such but once you get into that mindset then it can ruin you in normal paced tourn unless you can turn that switch/mindset off when playing other forms of poker.

That style can be fun if you're used to it and can be a time saver, no grinding for hours and hours and hours like in regular tourns lol.

Have fun and don't get frustrated if things don't work out for you in those and seek out some info on them.

At a bare minimum use them as a practice session and try to learn something besides, "this is a coin flip, lol or there's no way". . . just work on something, see if it gets you closer to your goals and try to have fun with it!!!

GL

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are a basically a solved game.

All you have to do is study the icm of the format and enjoy variance.