***Advantageous August Tournament Chat Thread***

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was that the Red Spade thing?
Unfortunately, even $11 is outside of my (hopefully strict) BRM right now, unless I were to satty :(
Looking forward to crushing some Satellites tonight, though!! Maybe Isildur will be in one of those :D
What sattys are you playing? (buyin/#players).

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loving the $2.20 Sunday Storm Sats -- prime EDT (8-11) there's 22-33 players, so 4-6 seats...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HU in $16.50 6max with $1.3k for win on Stars.com :)

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WTG Pascal!!
How long did it take? Was it a guarantee?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys :)

1.5k guarantee, idk how long it took - probably 6 hours or so? Was only a small field but played pretty deep

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats Pascal!

Bad News: I went on tilt about week ago and lost the little bit left I had on Carbon after the withdraw I made.

Good News: I won $3 dollars in a freeroll on BetOnline 4 days ago and now have $13 on there.

Also I had 5530 pnts on Carbon and use just about all of them in to play in $1,500 guaranteed tonight ($5 bi)...350 or so played, i finished 37th...so now I have $8 on Carbon, hopefully I will do good in tomorrow nights Carbon CC freeroll and get back up.

My withdraw got approved about 3 or 4 days ago as well.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back playing. Sort of. You'd all better avoid $2.50/180s on stars cos I run hotter than the sun

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking forward to getting back on the tables tonight after a poker-less camping weekend. (Took a book with a great chapter on HUD stats, but didn't get to it)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
derp was meant to be playing a big session tonight and then mate's internet died so ended up going pub, just popped in for some food then back out drinking!

hard life or what?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really brag worthy....

bodog SNGs/MTTs are the easiest games I've played in a long time. Well..actually...they're the only games I've played in a long time. Made 3 MTT final tables in 2 days, with 1 win, 3rd place finish, and 6th place finish. Took down a $5 super turbo SNG, took 3rd in a $10 turbo SNG. Placed in a $8 double up SNG. Hit or miss on a few MTTs here and there...

Overall, after depositing $20, I'm up just under $100 playing MTTs and SNGs. Prizes are a bit small because of little traffic, but it'll add up in the long run. I'm super confident playing these games that I have no problem hoping onto a $10 buy-in super turbo SNG and not expect to do well..

I would probably be way up more with my BR, but I'm buying into some pretty big games for my current BR. It's a mix of confidence playing these games and a bit of 'lets have fun/I really don't care if I lose the BR' sort of attitude. ...But then again, I'm playing against players who:

...(re) raise 90% stack, then fold to a shove.
...snap call shoves with 2 pair (any 2) with obv. straight/flush on board
...min-bet nut flush draws, then value check when they hit.
...min bet = value bet.